[Ohio-Talk] On line registration date and other.

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 23:52:31 UTC 2023

Good evening,

I wanted to remind people that the online registration did not end on
October 15 that was for convention assistance request. The online
registration does not cut off until November 5th, so you still have time to
register.

Critical Actions:
	Triple Your Impact with Matching Gift Opportunities:
	During our October Presidential Release
<https://nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/presidential-releases> ,
President Riccobono announced that HumanWare has generously offered a
matching grant. HumanWare will match gifts to the National Federation of the
Blind up to $50,000 during the months of October, November, and December. In
addition to that challenge grant, an anonymous donor has offered a $25,000
matching grant for gifts to the National Federation of the Blind during the
week beginning October 15 in honor of White Cane Awareness Day. Donors can
triple their impact by giving from October 15 through October 22.
Participate by visiting our donate page <https://nfb.org/donate>  and share
with your friends and family. Learn more about the HumanWare challenge grant
and watch our launch video
<https://nfb.org/get-involved/ways-give/matching-gift-opportunity> .

News:
	October Presidential Release Chapter Version Available:
	The National Federation of the Blind Presidential Release #531
chapter version
<https://nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/presidential-releases>  is
available. Please mark your calendars for the next Presidential Release
scheduled for November 1, 2023, at 8:00 p.m., eastern. Zoom details coming
soon.

	On #BlindMonth Branding and Social Media Posting:
	We love the energy and enthusiasm of this #BlindMonth and how you
have translated that to social media. It's wonderful reading about how your
chapters, divisions, and affiliates are celebrating the power of blind
people. As a reminder for promoting this month's activities, the short form
of Blind Equality Achievement Month is Blind Month. Acronyms can represent
any number of things, and we want to be clear to blind and nonblind people
alike that we are celebrating blind people and the power and progress of our
organization.
	Additional reminder for social media: please include alt text (image
descriptions) for the pictures that are posted and consider adding
contextual information to explain why the picture is being posted. For
example, add context by identifying the event where the picture was taken.
We are excited to share your #BlindMonth posts.

	Websites and Software Applications Accessibility Act:
	On Thursday, September 28, the Websites and Software Applications
Accessibility Act was introduced in both the Senate and the House. In the
Senate, the bill is sponsored by Senator Tammy Duckworth of Illinois, with
Senators Warren and Markey of Massachusetts as original cosponsors, and the
Senate bill number is S. 2984. In the House, the bill is sponsored by
Representative John Sarbanes of Maryland, with Representative Pete Sessions
of Texas as original cosponsor, and the bill number is H.R. 5813. Please
call or email your senators and representative and ask them to cosponsor the
Websites and Software Applications Accessibility Act.

Dates to Keep in Mind:
(all times eastern)
*	October: Blind Equality Achievement Month
*	October 18: Where the Blind Work Webinar, 8:00 p.m.
*	October 26: National Federation of the Blind Virtual Career Fair,
1:00 p.m.
*	November 8: Introduction to the Organized Blind Movement, 8:00 p.m.
*	December 7 and 10: Chapter Presidents Call, 8:00 p.m. (Planning the
Year Ahead)
*	July 3-8, 2024: National Convention; Orlando, Florida

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368
Rchpay7 at gmail.com <mailto:Rchpay7 at gmail.com>
blindness is not what holds you back.