[Ohio-Talk] Nfb Ohio 2023 State Convention

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 16:10:11 UTC 2023

Dear membership,

You will be happy to know that the hotel has agreed to extend the state
convention room cut off date until November 11, please do not wait get those
reservations made.

I also have attached and included in the body of this message this year's
convention agenda I am asking if you have any questions or comments about
the agenda, please contact me off the list.

77th Annual State Convention
November 17, 18, and 19, 2023
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Columbus-Worthington
175 Hutchinson Ave, Columbus, OH 43235
(614) 885-3334
Richard Payne, Affiliate President
Suzanne Turner, Convention Arrangements Co-Chair
Tracy Soforenko, National Representative
Hosted by the Capital Chapter, Annette Lutz, President
Stronger Together!
Welcome to the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio's 77th Annual State
Convention. Our theme "Stronger Together" reflects the knowledge that our
members are the power behind the nation's oldest and largest blind people's
movement.
as a founding affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind, we have a
strong legacy of working together as a community in order to protect and
advocate for our civil rights as blind people from its very beginning.
Through our vast network of blind members and friends, we coordinate
programs, services, and resources to defend the rights of blind people,
provide information and support to blind children and adults, and build a
community that creates unlimited opportunities.
We believe in the ability of blind people to organize and advocate on our
own behalf and reflect this belief from our democratically elected leaders
to our diverse nationwide membership.
We respect and are inclusive of blind people of all backgrounds and
abilities. It is our uniqueness as individuals and our collective dedication
to our mission as blind people that is at the core of our strength as an
organization.
Working together, we are an unstoppable force in our pursuit of civil rights
for the blind in Ohio and beyond.
One Minute Message
blindness is not what holds you back.

NFB Pledge
I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National Federation
of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.
Code of Conduct
The National Federation of the Blind of Ohio State Convention is a family
friendly event. We are committed to maintaining a safe and welcoming
environment dedicated to positive experiences for blind people. We hold
ourselves and our attendees to strict adherence to the National Federation
of the Blind Code of Conduct found at:
https://nfb.org/about-us/history-and-governance/code-conduct/code
Privacy Notice
"This is a public event. You may be filmed on video or captured in photos
that may be published in media outlets, including Twitter, Facebook, or
other social media sites. Some sessions and activities at the 2023 National
Federation of the Blind of Ohio State Convention may be photographed or
videotaped. By participating in the State Convention, registrants agree that
The National Federation of the Blind of Ohio has the right to use their
image, likeness and/or voice or sound recording taken in connection to the
State Convention in all Media."

Convention Arrangements
If you have any questions about convention arrangements, contact Suzanne
Turner, Convention Arrangements, Co-Chair, at (216) 990-6199 or
SMTurner.234 at gmail.com.
Hotel Navigation Guide
To check into the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Columbus-Worthington, enter
from the north side of the building. There are two entrances about 30 feet
apart. The check-in desk is centered between both entrances about 15 feet
away from the doors.
As you enter the hotel, angle toward the other door while moving forward to
the check-in desk. There are three pillars that run from east to west
halfway across the space between the doors and the desk.
After check-in, turn to place the desk on your right side then begin
traveling east along the east/west hall toward the sleeping rooms. Just past
the check-in desk is an option to make a right turn to head south toward the
convention meeting rooms. Ignore the urge to change direction for now and
continue east toward the sleeping rooms.
Continuing east, we will pass the work-out room and the pool on the right
(south) wall. Next, we will pass an exit to the courtyard on the right
(south) wall. The hotel surrounds this outdoor space with multiple points of
entry.
On the left (north) side of this hall across from the courtyard exit is one
of two designated exits to the dog relief areas (details provided in dog
relief Section).
Moving east past the exits to the courtyard and the dog relief area are the
elevators to the sleeping rooms. Two elevators are located on the right
(south) side of the hall, and one is located on the left (north) side. If
you hit the carpet, you have gone about 30 feet too far.
The carpeted area indicates that we have entered the corridor for the
sleeping rooms on the main floor. There are six floors of sleeping rooms,
including the main floor. The rooms all have Braille and raised print signs.

Returning back to the front entrance, traveling south away from the doors,
turn to the right (west) almost immediately. Travel west until locating the
wall that leads to a set of restrooms as well as the Franklin and Fairfield
Rooms, which is where hospitality will be held.
At the carpeted area, turn right (north) . Continue traveling north to
locate a set of restrooms on the west wall.
Turn completely around here to place the west wall on the right side then
begin traveling south. At the next opening on the right, turn right (west)
to enter the short east/west hallway containing the hospitality rooms. The
Franklin Room is at the beginning of this hallway and the Fairfield Room is
at its far north end.
Returning to the front door and facing south, begin traveling south passing
the west end of the check-in desk and past the hall entrance leading to the
hospitality rooms on the right (west) side.
Continuing on our journey south, we will find the Crosswoods Bar & Grille on
our right (west) side.
Across from the Crosswoods Bar & Grille is the Upper Terrace. This large,
rectangular, elevated space is open on all sides surrounded by railing. This
meeting space extends from the back of the check-in desk to the ballroom
spaces at the south end of the hotel. Traveling around all sides of the
terrace, we will find one ramp access point and several access points using
stairs. This space has plenty of seating options for meeting up with others
to snack and chat.
Back in the space between the Crosswoods Bar and Grille on the west and the
Upper Terrace on the east of us, we continue traveling south away from the
front entrance of the hotel. After moving a short distance, the path takes a
hard left (east) turn.
Following along the wall on our right (south wall( as we head eastward, we
will locate two large ballrooms. The Alder Room is our general session
meeting room. It is the easternmost of these two rooms. When you have
reached the carpet, you will find the convention registration tables.
Now return back to the main entrance at the front of the hotel. Place the
entrance doors at our backs then travel south moving past the check-in desk
at its eastern end. A set of restrooms are on the left (east) side of the
hall.  On the right (west) is the Upper Terrace.
Continue traveling south to the end of the north/south hall to head directly
into the Alder Room located on the south wall. Turn left (east) before
entering the Alder room to take the east/west hall leading to the
registration area. The Polaris 1 and 2 Rooms are located on the left (north)
wall.
Traveling east past the rooms on the left and the registration area, on our
left (north) is another exit to the courtyard. On our right is an opening to
travel south to the break-out rooms and the south exit to the dog relief
area at the back of the hotel (details in the dog relief section).
Turn to move south into this open area. On your left (east) are the German
Village, the Arena District, and the Short North Rooms. On the right (west)
are the Oak 1, 2, and 3 Rooms. Straight ahead at the southernmost end of the
hotel is the exit to the dog relief area.
Dog Relief Areas
There are two centrally located designated dog relief areas, the first is on
the front (north)  side  and the other is on the back (south) side of the
hotel. Please use only the designated dog relief areas and always clean- up
after your dog. Don't embarrass your canine companion by leaving their waste
behind for others to find. Pick-up all of the waste and dispose of it in the
trash can next to the doors before re-entering the hotel.
The north side dog relief area is located at the front of the hotel. To get
there, follow the east/west hallway between the hotel's check-in desk and
the sleeping rooms. The exit to the designated area is on the north side of
the tiled hallway across from the exit to the courtyard, which is in-between
the pool/gym area and the elevators to the sleeping rooms. Dogs will enjoy
the soft grass found just steps away from the exit and before the parking
area.
The south side dog relief area is located at the back of the hotel. To get
there, travel south between the German Village, the Arena District, and the
Short North Rooms on the east wall and the Oak 1, 2, and 3 Rooms on the west
wall to the exit at the back of the hotel. Exit into the parking area along
the building, cross the driveway, and another line of parking spaces to get
to a grassy island designed to please our favorite working companions.
For assistance with dog guides, please contact, Luann Bowers, President,
Ohio Guide Dog Users Division at (419) 822-6828 or luannbowers4 at gmail.com.
Registration
The registration Area is located on the carpeted space just east of the
Alder Room in the east/west hallway in the back (south) of the hotel. It is
open on Fri, Nov 17 from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM and 12:30 PM to 1:45 PM and on
Sat, Nov 18 from 8:00 AM to 8:45 AM.
Skip the lines and go to the Pre-Registration  Table for a speedy process
for all those who completed their registration ahead of convention. Pick up
your prepared registration packets and be on your way to enjoying an
action-packed agenda without delay.
To register for convention or to purchase additional ticketed options,
please form a line at the general registration table. We look forward to
helping you register as quickly as possible so you can be on your way to
enjoying a great weekend of events.
For more information about registration, please contact Suzanne Turner,
Convention Arrangements, Co-Chair at (216) 990-6199 or
SMTurner.234 at gmail.com.
NFB Literature
NFB literature will be available throughout the convention next to the
registration area. Feel free to take as much as you like; and share it with
your friends and family.
Annual Auction
Help our affiliate to continue its legacy of advocacy by and for the blind
by bringing your positive energy and generously giving in support of a great
cause during our annual auction held at the Banquet on Saturday evening.
It promises to be fun for the entire family with many valuable items up for
bid. Our chapters, divisions, and many friends contribute a wide range of
items including electronics, gift certificates, food baskets, and more.
Please contact Annette Lutz at (614) 288-4323 to make arrangements to get
auction items to her immediately upon arrival to the hotel. Thank you in
advance for your generosity.
Door Prizes
Door prizes will be drawn periodically throughout convention sessions on
Friday, Saturday, Sunday and during our banquet. To be eligible to win a
door prize, you must be registered for the convention and present in the
meeting space when your name is called.
All donated items should be labeled clearly in print and Braille with the
donor's name, the amount of the gift, and the type of gift being
contributed.
Deliver prizes directly to Annette Lutz or leave them with a representative
at the Convention Registration table along with its print/Braille label.
Hospitality
You are invited to the hospitality suites during the hours of 5:30 PM to
8:30 PM on Fri, Nov 17, for snacks and beverages. The Cincinnati Chapter has
graciously volunteered to be on hand to welcome attendees. Pick-up
refreshments in the Franklin Room and proceed to the Fairfield Room to eat,
talk, and enjoy each other's company.
Exhibit Hall
Whether you are an information seeker or a new gadget shopper, you will find
everything that you need to help you live the life you want at the 2023
Exhibit Hall.
Visit Exhibit Hall in the Cedar-Buckeye Room on Sat, Nov 18 from Noon to
4:30 PM to explore the latest technology and to get answers to the questions
that race through your mind about employment, healthcare, services for the
blind, and so much more.
For questions, please reach out to Suzanne Turner, Convention Arrangements,
Co-Chair at (216) 990-6199 or SMTurner.234 at gmail.com.
Meet Tracy Soforenko, National Representative
Tracy Soforenko grew up in Rhode Island as the youngest child of a high
school teacher. He attended the University of Pennsylvania, graduating in
1991 with degrees in finance and psychology.
Each summer, Tracy worked long hours to pay for college tuition and
expenses. He noticed difficulty with driving and scheduled an eye exam only
to find out he was experiencing rapid vision loss due to retinitis
pigmentosa.
After college graduation, Tracy moved from Philadelphia to Washington, DC
and started a career in technology and business consulting, serving
financial services, retail, and publishing industry customers across North
America.
Tracy's career evolved from consulting to becoming a project manager for the
federal government, where he managed large customer service and financial
technology projects for the Corporation for National & Community Service and
the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation.
Tracy and his wife Sharon married in 1995 and moved to Arlington, Virginia
in 1997. As his career progressed and family responsibilities expanded with
two daughters, Tracy desperately needed to learn alternative nonvisual
techniques to do his job, raise his children, and be involved in the
community.
Tracy needed positive blind role models, a new mindset on blindness, and a
way to contribute to the community. He found his local National Federation
of the Blind chapter and was immediately put to work.
Through the Potomac Chapter of Virginia, Tracy ran fundraising activities,
was involved in mentoring students, and attended his first NFB National
Convention in 2005. The experience was transformative.
The experience led Tracy to start developing youth programming, running the
Virginia program to help first time convention attendees, directing
legislative advocacy in Richmond, and taking on other leadership roles.
Tracy served as president of his local chapter and as a vice president of
the Virginia affiliate before being elected president of the Virginia
affiliate in 2016. His enthusiasm for the national convention led him to
serve as Chair of the Kenneth Jernigan Fund.
Tracy expanded programs for youth in the Virginia affiliate, leading to the
creation of Project Resilience, Independence, Self-Advocacy, and Employment
(Project RISE) in 2017. This thriving program now serves thirty-five
students with a team of thirteen staff and mentors.
For the past 2 years, the Virginia affiliate has conducted weekend long
senior empowerment programs to share alternative techniques and Federation
philosophy with sixty blind and low-vision seniors through the Virginia
Silver Bells program.
Finally, Tracy has expanded engagement in legislative advocacy at the state
and national level, with nearly one hundred members participating in
legislative advocacy in Richmond and forty participants in Washington
Seminar. In 2021, Tracy was elected to serve as a member of the National
Federation of the Blind Board of Directors.
Tracy, Sharon, and their two daughters still live in Arlington, Virginia. He
loves to hike, participate in his local Toastmasters Club, and cook.

CONVENTION AGENDA
Friday, November 17, 2023
9:00 AM to 10:30 AM -- Pre-Registration Packet Pick-up and Convention
Registration: Outside of the Alder Room
10:30 am to Noon -- Ohio Board of Directors Meeting :Alder Room
12:15 PM to 1:30 PM -- Meet and Greet with light refreshments:  Buckeye I
and II Rooms
Please join this welcome event to get to know leaders and fellow
conventioneers.
12:30 PM to 1:45 PM -- Pre-Registration Packet Pick-up and Convention
Registration: Outside of the Alder Room
GENERAL SESSION : Alder Room
2:00 PM -- Call to Order
Richard Payne, President, NFB of Ohio
2:05 PM - Invocation
Rev., Dr. Carolyn Peters, President, Ohio Communities of Faith Division, and
Vice President, NFB of Ohio
2:10 PM -- Opening ceremonies: Color Guard Presentation
2:25 PM -- Welcome and Opening Remarks by the Host Chapter
Annette Lutz, President, NFB Capitol Chapter, and Secretary, NFB of Ohio
2:35 pm -- Convention Announcements
Suzanne Turner, Co-Chair, Convention Arrangements, President, NFB Cleveland
Chapter, and Board of Directors Member, NFB of Ohio
2:40 pm -- National Report
Tracy Soforenko, Board of Directors Member, NFB, and President, NFB of
Virginia
3:15 PM -- What's New with Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD)
Kevin Miller, Director
3:40 PM -- Disability Rights Ohio (DRO)
Aileen Brock, CAP Attorney Coordinator
Learn about your rights and protections related to vocational rehabilitation
services, accommodations in employment, and how the Client Assistance
program can help.
4:05 PM -- HIMS Inc.
Earle Harrison, National Account Manager
4:25 PM -- Braille or No Braille: A Panel Discussion
Marianne Denning, Facilitator, Board of Directors Member, NFB of Ohio
4:40 PM -- Stroke and Vision Loss
Shirley Patterson, Secretary, NFB of Cleveland Chapter, and Board Member,
Cleveland Stroke Club
4:55 PM -- Announcements
5:00 PM -- Adjourn: General Session resumes at 9:00 AM Saturday.

5:30 PM to 8:30 PM -- Hospitality Night: Food  Pick-Up in Franklin Room and
Eat/Fellowship in Fairfield Room
Join in the fun and fellowship on hospitality night. Visit the Franklin Room
to pick-up food then move on over to the Fairfield Room to eat and
socialize.
5:30 PM to 7:00 PM -- Ohio Community Service Division Meeting: Alder Room
Patricia McPherson, President
5:30 PM to 7:00 PM -- Ohio Association of Blind Students Meeting: Arena
District Room
Shane Popplestone, President
7:00 PM to 8:00 PM -- Ohio Association of Guide Dog Users Division Meeting:
Madison Room
Luanne Bowers, President
7:30PM to 8:30 PM -- Ohio At-Large Chapter Meeting: Buckeye I and II Rooms
Colleen Roth, President
7:30 PM to 8:30 PM -- Introducing the Virginia Silver Bells: German Village
Room
Tracy Soforenko, President, NFB of Virginia
7:30 PM to 8:15 PM -- Resolutions Committee Meeting: Alder Room
Frank Bragassa, Chair
All are welcome to attend. Resolutions adopted by the convention become the
policy of the organization.
7:30 PM to 9:00 PM -- Ohio Communities of Faith Division Meeting: Arena
District Room
Rev., Dr. Carolyn Peters, President
Our doors are always open! We are a diverse group of blind members
representing various religions. Join our business meeting, elections and
learn about resources.
8:30 PM -- Nominating Committee Meeting: Union Room- This is a closed
meeting
9:00 PM -- You Got Talent: Alder Room
Perhaps you have a talent you would like to share. We will feature YOU in an
NFB of Ohio You Got Talent show.
Contact Wilbert Turner, Facilitator, at (216) 212-4959 to sign up and learn
more.

Saturday, November 18, 2023
7:00 AM to 8:45 AM -- Blind Parent's Meeting
Members meet for breakfast in the Crosswoods Bar & Grille followed by a
business meeting in Buckeye Rooms I and II.
Suzanne Turner, Chair, Ohio Membership Committee
7:00 AM to 8:45 AM -- Ohio Diabetes Action Network (DAN)
Members will have breakfast in the Crosswoods Bar & Grille followed by a
business meeting in the Arena District Room.
Walter Mitchel, President, Ohio Diabetic Action Network
7:00 AM to 8:45 AM -- Scholarship Breakfast Meeting
Invited guests will meet in the Crosswoods Bar & Grille.
Kinshuk Tella and Kristin Coen, Co-Chairs, Scholarship Committee
8:00 AM to 8:45 AM -- Final Pre-Registration Packet Pick-up and
Registration: Outside of the Alder Room

GENERAL SESSION: Alder Room
9:00 AM -- Call to Order
Richard Payne, President, NFB of Ohio
9:05 AM - Invocation
Christopher Sabine, Member, Ohio Communities of Faith Division, and Board of
Directors Member, NFB of Ohio
9:10 AM -- Convention Announcements
Suzanne Turner, Convention Arrangements, Co-Chair, and Board of Directors
Member, NFB of Ohio
9:15 AM -- Non-24
Maggie Felton, Nurse Educator, MSN, APRN, FNP-C
9:35 AM -- Braille Production & Accessible Innovation
Samuel Foulkes, Director of Braille Production & Accessible Innovation,
Clover nook Center for the Blind
9:55 AM -- Update from the State Library of Ohio
Tracy Grimm, Head of Circulation & Special Services, State Library of Ohio
10:15 AM -- STEM2U 2023
Caroline Karbowski, Certified Braille Transcriber, pursuing an MA in Sensory
Impairments and Inclusion with Certification in Orientation and Mobility
(O&M), Chief Community Officer: A Cubed Design, CEO and Founder: See3D, Inc.
10:35 AM -- What's new with Aira
Marty Watts, VP Sales, Aira Tech Corp.
Jenine Stanley, Director Customer Success & Engagement, Aira Tech Corp.
11:00 AM -- How to Advocate in Front of Elected Officials and the Importance
of Articulating Your Message
Peter Lawson Jones, Attorney, Business Consultant, and former elected
official, who served as a Ranking Member of the House Finance and
Appropriations 11 Committee, was a Member of the Board of Cuyahoga County
Commissioners and 2nd Vice President of the Ohio Legislative Black Caucus.
11:25 AM -- A Style/Fashion Breakdown
Kinshuk Tella, Board of Directors Member, NFB Miami Valley Chapter
A presentation surrounding style and fashion. Focusing on keeping up with
trends and where to go to get information, which is a powerful tool to
advocate for oneself, and can change lives.
11:40 AM -- President's Report
Richard Payne, President, NFB of Ohio
Noon -- Adjourn: General Session resumes at 9:00 AM Sunday.

Noon -- Boxed Lunch Pick-Up (Tickets Required) : Outside Alder Room , Upper
Terrace Area
Noon to 4:30 PM -- Exhibit Hall : Cedar-Buckeye Rooms
12:30 PM to 2:30 PM -- Ohio Senior Division Meeting: Alder Room
Suzanne Turner, President
2:00 PM to 3:30 PM -- Starting a Business 101: Arena District Room
Demetrius Williams, Facilitator, Beat the Street LLC.
3:00 PM to 4:30 PM -- Come and Learn About Art with a Live Demonstration:
Buckeye I and II Room
Molly Brockman, Founder, Beyond Vision Art
Create your very own Holiday noise makers, called Maracas.
3:00 PM to 5:00 PM -- American Heart Association, CPR Training
(Pre-Registration Required): German Village Room
5:30 PM to 6:30 PM -- Pre-Banquet Social Hour, cash bar: Upper Terrace
6:30 PM -- NFB of Ohio Banquet (Tickets Required): Alder Room
Event Highlights:
Master of Ceremonies: Richard Payne, President, NFB of Ohio
Invocation: Rev., Dr. Carolyn Peters, Vice President, NFB of Ohio
Keynote Speaker: Tracy Soforenko, National Representative
Awards presentation: Annette Lutz, Awards Committee Chair
Scholarship Awards: Kinshuk Tella and Kristin Coen-Mishlan,  Scholarship
Committee Co-Chairs
Not-So-Silent Auction: Annette Lutz, Secretary, NFB of Ohio, and President,
NFB Capital Chapter
Money for the Movement: Kathy Legg, Treasurer, NFB of Ohio
9:00 PM -- After Party: Alder Room
Stick around after the Banquet to socialize and celebrate with your NFB of
Ohio community. Enjoy live music and a cash bar.
Sunday, November 19, 2023
7:45 AM to 8:45 AM -- Faith meeting
Rev., Dr. Carolyn Peters, President, Communities of Faith Division
GENERAL SESSION : Alder Room
9:00 AM -- Call to Order
Richard Payne, President, NFB of Ohio
9:05 AM -- Remembering Federation Members who are No Longer with Us.
9:10AM -- Leadership Presentation Panel
Richard Payne, President, NFB of Ohio
Rev., Dr. Carolyn Peters, Vice President, NFB of Ohio
Tracy Soforenko, National Representative
9:45 AM -- Financial Report
Kathy Legg, Treasurer, NFB of Ohio
9:55 AM -- Nominating Committee Report
10:00 AM -- Affiliate Elections
10:20 AM -- Why am I a Federationist?
Suzanne Turner, Membership Committee Chair, and Board of Directors Member,
NFB of Ohio
10:40 AM - Resolutions
Frank Bragassa, Chair
11:05 AM -- My Journey! New to the Community but Running the Race!
Kathy Legg, President, NFB Greater Akron Chapter
Tomeika Hurt, Member, NFB Cleveland Chapter
11:30 AM -- Touring Cross Country Blind with Accessible Apps and More
Renee Arrington-Johnson, Member, NFB Cleveland Chapter
11:50 AM -- Closing Remarks
Richard Payne, President, NFB of Ohio
Tracy Soforenko, National Representative
Noon -- Adjournment

2023 Board of Directors

Richard Payne, President
Phone: 937-829-3368
Email: rchpay7 at gmail.com
PO Box 20544, Dayton, OH 45420

Rev., Dr. Carolyn Peters, Vice President
Phone: 937-657-5134
Email: dr.carolyn.peters at gmail.com
411 Elmhurst Road, Dayton, OH 45417

Annette Lutz, Secretary
Phone: 614-288-4323
Email: President.capital.nfboh at gmail.com
77 W. Jeffrey Place, Columbus, OH 43214

Kathy Legg, Treasurer
Phone: 330-212-5118
Email: treasurer at nfbohio.org
1916 15th Street SW, Akron, Oh 44314

Christopher Sabine, Member
Phone: 513-403-9601
Email: info at onhconsulting.com
6756 Tarawa Dr., Cincinnati, OH 45224

Suzanne Hartfield-Turner, Member
Phone: 216-9906199
Email: President.NFB.ClevelandOhio at gmail.com
1127 Euclid Ave., Suite 210, Cleveland, OH 44115

Marianne Denning, Member
Phone: 513-607-6053
Email: Marianne at Denningweb.com
835 Carini Lane, Cincinnati, OH 45218

William Turner, Member
Phone: 330-328-9860
Email: TurnerW794 at gmail.com
1064 East 167th Street, Cleveland, OH 44110

Kinshuk Tella, Member
Phone: 937-708-9930
Email: Kinshuk.Tella at gmail.com
2614 Rockcastle Ct., Miamisburg, Oh 45432

Shawn Martin, Member
Phone: 216-288-1243
Email: smartin494 at roadrunner.com
11406 Clifton Blvd., Apt. 409, Cleveland, Oh 44102

Andra Stover, Member
Phone: 440-204-9244
Email: andra.stover at outlook.com
3282 Baird Rd., Stow, OH 44224

Funding Our Movement

Dream Makers Circle
Leave a legacy that ensures a future of opportunity for the blind by
becoming a member of our Dream Makers Circle. It's easier than you think.
List the National Federation of the Blind or the National Federation of the
Blind of Ohio as a beneficiary in any of the following meaningful ways and
our transformative work will continue thanks to your thoughtful plan for the
future.
.	Convert your banking account to a Payable on Death (POD) bank
account listing our organization as the designated beneficiary.
.	Name our organization in your final Wil or Trust.
.	Donate an income -generating gift by listing our organization as the
beneficiary of a retirement plan, IRA, pension, or a life insurance policy.
.	Specify a specific amount, a percentage, or list us as one of
several beneficiaries in your legacy plans.
For additional information, please contact Patti Chang at 410-659-9314
extension 2422 or pchang at nfb.org. Thank you in advance for securing the
future of our movement.
Vehicle Donation
The National Federation of the Blind uses car donations to improve the
education of blind children, distribute free white canes, help veterans, and
so much more. We have partnered with Vehicles for Charity to process donated
vehicles. Please call toll-free 855-659-9314, and a representative can make
arrangements, or you can donate online by visiting
www.nfb.org/vehicledonations.
Pre-Authorized Contributions (PAC) Plan
Can you help the National Federation of the Blind on a regular basis? Please
consider joining our pre-authorized contribution plan. Starting at $5
monthly, you can help us turn dreams into reality and raise expectations for
blind people. Visit nfb.org/pac to fill out the online form or email
pac at nfb.org for additional information.

77th Annual State Convention Sponsors

We are thankful to the following community partners for their commitment to
the transformative work of the blind in Ohio. Their support enables the
blindness community to be even stronger.

Vanda Pharmaceuticals
Dedicated to raising awareness of Non-24-Hour Sleep Wake Disorder (Non-24)
and supporting the blindness community. Non-24 is a rare circadian rhythm
disorder affecting people who are totally blind. People living with non-24
experience excessive daytime sleepiness and nighttime sleeplessness, which
leads to impaired social and occupational function.

Disability Rights Ohio
A non-profit corporation with a mission to advocate for the human, civil,
and legal rights of people with disabilities in Ohio.

Cincinnati Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired
A private, not-for-profit organization offering comprehensive services and
job opportunities for people of all ages who are blind or visually impaired.
Every day we work to ensure full lives and community inclusion for those we
serve.

HIMS Inc.
A global leader in the development and manufacturing of assistive technology
for the blind and visually impaired since 1999. Committed to providing
affordable, high-quality products that meet the needs of customers at work,
at school, and at home.

Ohio Legal Services for Seniors-Pro Seniors
We help Ohio seniors resolve legal & long-term care problems & fight
Medicare and financial fraud. Our Legal Helpline Provides free legal
information, advice, and referral for residents of Ohio age 60 and over,
regardless of income or resources. The Mid-America Pension Rights Project
provides information and guidance related to pensions and retirement
benefits. The Senior Financial Exploitation Project provides advice about
preventing financial exploitation and helps resolve the legal problems
caused by financial exploitation.
Your message is ready to be sent with the following file or link
attachments:

Nfb Ohio 2023 State Convention

sending or receiving certain types of file attachments.  Check your e-mail
security settings to determine how attachments are handled.