[Ohio-Talk] Amessage that is a great read from the national president.

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 21:55:52 UTC 2023

Dear Leaders,

Since the weekend was filled with the question about language, I thought I
would give you all some reading to consider in your Federation development.

Resources on Why the Word Blind

A Definition of Blindness
https://nfb.org/blog/definition-blindness
<https://nfb.org/blog/definition-blindness>

Handicap or Characteristic
https://nfb.org/sites/nfb.org/files/images/nfb/publications/convent/blndnesh
.htm

Why Use the Word "Blind"?
https://nfb.org/sites/default/files/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm09/bm0901/b
m090107.htm

Are We Handicapped, Disabled, or Something Else?
https://nfb.org/sites/default/files/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm19/bm1901/b
m190111.htm

Language, Action, and Destiny: The Lived Experience of the Organized Blind
Movement
https://nfb.org/resources/speeches-and-reports/banquet-speeches/language-act
ion-and-destiny-lived-

The Pitfalls of Political Correctness