[Ohio-Talk] Update on my mom

Sadie McFarland sadiemc01 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 10:16:12 UTC 2024

Good morning Federation family. It’s been a while since I’ve written to you, but I wanted to give you an update on my mom and her cancer journey. Praise God, we have finished treatment at the James Cancer Center in Columbus. Despite being sore, and the occasional issue with positioning or gas bubbles, she finished treatment successfully. She is very sore and worn out.

However, things took a turn last night. We were told very clearly that if she spiked a temperature above 100.4°, that she needed to call the care team immediately and report to a local emergency room. This happened last night. She spiked a fever, called the care team, and was instructed to get to the James cancer center emergency room as quickly as possible. at midnight, I got a text that she was being admitted. Her temperature at the hospital was normal, but they wanted to make sure it would stay that way. We are unsure of what caused the temperature. Spike, most likely low white blood cell count, but they want to keep her most likely until tomorrow  to rule out UTIs and any other infections. Prayers are appreciated.

on a more positive note, I would like to invite those local to Central Pennsylvania to attend my graduation ceremony next Saturday, May 11, at 10 AM at Starry athletic field at Messiah University. I believe it will also be live streamed. I will be in the department of business group.

Blessings,

Sadie M. McFarland
(740) 827-5613
sadiemc01 at gmail.com