[Ohio-Talk] Upcoming state convention

President Capital chapter president.capital.nfboh at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 00:22:59 UTC 2024

Hello NFB of Ohio!

Yes, it is finally August. Which means that just in a few more short months, we will all be gathering in Westlake, Ohio for our national Federation of the blind of Ohio State convention! I hope all of you have made your room reservations already. I know that this year will be, exciting and informative and we will have a great time together.

In preparation for our upcoming convention, I wanted to remind all of you of a few items that it is not too early to plan for.

First of all, it is Gavel time again.  Soon, I will be sending out the gavel questionnaires for both our chapters and our divisions. So start gathering all the information and share with your chapters or divisions team all of your individual and group accomplishments over the last year. Also, we have various other awards that we will be taking nominations for shortly.  Again, this information will be detailed in a future email that will be coming out soon.

One of the most exciting aspects of our state convention are the door prizes. You can already begin collecting and setting as side door prizes to bring to convention.  Many things can be door prizes, including interesting items, bath and body products, small wears, gift cards, and yes, even cash. The more prizes we have, the more winners we will have. So please make sure to bring all you can to convention.  Also, please make sure that your door prizes are labeled in braille what they are and who donated them. I want to be able to give everybody credit for their wonderful donation.

Once again, we will be holding our annual auction at the banquet.  This is a chance for many of you to donate higher value items that we can auction off. We have had various things in the past from homemade crafts, to tickets to various events, electronic items, and wonderful gift baskets that many chapters or divisions have put together.  Please remember to keep all auction items, friendly, and something that you believe are attendees will give plenty of money for to raise money for our affiliate. Please make sure that a thorough description of your item is included in braille. If anyone has trouble, Bill this description, please feel free to reach out to me  With the description and I will braille it for you.

I am already getting so excited about our convention and looking forward to spending another convention weekend with all of you! If anyone has any questions on these items, please feel free to reach out to me.

 Take care and I will see everybody November 15 16th and 17th in Westlake, Ohio!
Annette Lutz
President
Capital Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
614-288-4323
President.capital.nfboh at gmail.com

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise the expectations of blind people because we know that low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want, blindness is not what holds you back.