[Ohio-Talk] No one fights alone
Sadie McFarland
sadiemc01 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 02:06:25 UTC 2026
Good evening, Federation family. I hope you are all doing well!
I wanted to share a couple of updates from me, as well as an opportunity to stand beside my family if you feel so moved.
I know I’ve been quiet on many of the email servers over the past several months. I recently started a new job here in Pittsburgh as a Patient Support Specialist, and I’m incredibly excited about the opportunity to grow within this amazing company and, hopefully, help bring its services and opportunities to even more blind people across our country as I move through the company.
That said, for those who may not know, my mom has been fighting cancer for the past two and a half years, and unfortunately, the fight has intensified.
My mom arrived in Scottsdale, Arizona, this past Wednesday evening to begin four months of intensive treatment at Envita Medical Center. Her treatment will focus on boosting and restoring her body before using low-dose chemotherapy to directly attack the cancer.
Unfortunately, this treatment is not covered by insurance, and as we know all too well, cancer treatment can come with an incredible financial burden. Between the cost of treatment, housing, travel, food, and everything else that comes with spending four months away from home, our family is looking at expenses of upwards of $300,000.
We have started a fundraiser to help ease some of that burden. If you feel moved to contribute, we would be incredibly grateful, but please don’t feel any obligation to do so. Even sharing the fundraiser with others is a meaningful way to stand beside our family during this time.
No one fights, alone… In life… In advocacy… Or when the ones you love are fighting for their lives…
Again, I am beyond grateful for any support you feel led to give. We are stronger together. Looking forward to connecting with y’all again soon!
GoFundMe link: https://www.gofundme.com/f/no-one-fights-alone-help-brook-fight-cancer
Social media post link: https://www.facebook.com/share/1DRKcrBSrb/?mibextid=wwXIfr
Blessings,
Sadie M. McFarland
Owner at Beautifully Blind Art By Sadie
B. S. Marketing, Messiah University
sadiemc01 at gmail.com
(740) 827-5613
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://nfbnet.org/pipermail/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org/attachments/20260828/3d7e8c83/attachment.htm>
More information about the Ohio-Talk
mailing list