[Ohio-Talk] a newsline request and a thank you.

Shane Popplestone spopplestone.nfb at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 18:22:59 UTC 2026


Good afternoon fellow federationists,

I come to you this afternoon with a request.

Newsline while free to use and free to access comes at a cost to 
someone, someone has to pay the phone bill, especially when using the 
toll-free number.

I've noticed as of late over the past 2 month's a larger uptick in 
people using the toll-free number instead of the local access numbers 
available.

Please, even if your calling from home, if you know the newsline local 
access number, even if it's not in your local calling area, but you have 
unlimited long distance, please use it, as it saves the sponsoring 
organization and the NFB money.

For reference here is at least one local access number for Ohio that you 
can use.

330-247-1241

not only can you use the number above,  You can also use the below 
number if you have unlimited long distance.

646-600-6969

If you'd like me to look up to see if your number has a specific local 
calling number, please send me an e-mail off list and I'd be happy to 
look it up.

Most cell plans these days come with unlimited long distance, so you 
don't have to be tied to your land line to use newsline.

If you use your landline because you forget your six digit number to 
access newsline, again, reach out and I'd be happy to look up your 
credentials.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to say well done for the 
significant increase in mobile app and newsline in your pocket usage 
especially in May, this tells me these access methods are enjoyed and 
utalized.

also, If you have any questions about newsline, or need help getting 
started, app usage, or anything, please reach out and I'd be happy to help.

Thank you for being apart of NFB of Ohio.



-- 

Shane Popplestone
Member, NFB Committee on Federation Web Coordination
Communications committee, NFB of Ohio
Legislative committee, NFB of Ohio
spopplestone.nfb at gmail.com
234-716-2208
You can live the life you want!



More information about the Ohio-Talk mailing list