[Ohio-Talk] Amusing braille story
Patricia McPherson
patrinkle at icloud.com
Thu Sep 10 01:44:13 UTC 2026
Kelsey 🤣 Pat
> On Sep 9, 2026, at 7:58 PM, Kelsey Nicolay via Ohio-Talk <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> Hello all,
> I have a story that I think all braille users will appreciate. I was at work today typing out an email. I was trying !o write the word immediate and without thinking, I typed immediate on my computer keyboard, but got yelled out by Outlook that it was spelled incorrectly. It looked correct on my braille display, so I was oeally confused as to why JAWS was telling me it was missspelled. I finally went character by character and then realized that I was trying to write the word using the braille contraction for the word immediate and then the light bulb came on that it "n't going to automatically translate. sure enough, as soon as I finished spell- the word out, Outloo and JAWS were both happy.
> Sent from Kelsey Nicolay’s iPhone
> _______________________________________________
> Ohio-Talk mailing list
> Ohio-Talk at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Ohio-Talk:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org/patrinkle%40icloud.com
More information about the Ohio-Talk
mailing list