<html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
{font-family:Helvetica;
panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4;}
@font-face
{font-family:"Cambria Math";
panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
{font-family:Calibri;
panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
{font-family:Aptos;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
{margin:0in;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{mso-style-priority:99;
color:#467886;
text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle19
{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
font-family:"Aptos",sans-serif;
color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
{mso-style-type:export-only;
font-size:10.0pt;
mso-ligatures:none;}
@page WordSection1
{size:8.5in 11.0in;
margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=EN-US link="#467886" vlink="#96607D" style='word-wrap:break-word'><div class=WordSection1><p class=MsoNormal>Hello Annette and everyone! I\u2019m eager to attend this year\u2019s convention too. If I bid on something, though, please don\u2019t outbid me\u2014that\u2019s just a joke! It all goes to the affiliate. Can you imagine me winning a door prize and taking home the auction item I bid on, too?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal><o:p> </o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal><o:p> </o:p></p><div><p class=MsoNormal style='mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span style='mso-ligatures:standardcontextual'>Richard Payne, President </span><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:black;mso-ligatures:standardcontextual'>National Federation of the Blind of Ohio</span><span style='mso-ligatures:standardcontextual'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=MsoNormal style='mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:black;mso-ligatures:standardcontextual'>937/829/3368</span><span style='mso-ligatures:standardcontextual'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=MsoNormal style='mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span style='mso-ligatures:standardcontextual'><a href="mailto:Rchpay7@gmail.com"><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Helvetica",sans-serif;color:#467886'>Rchpay7@gmail.com</span></a><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=MsoNormal style='mso-margin-top-alt:auto;mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto'><span style='mso-ligatures:standardcontextual'><a href="http://www.nfbohio.org/"><span style='font-size:13.5pt;color:#467886'>www.nfbohio.org</span></a><o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:13.5pt;color:black;mso-ligatures:standardcontextual'>The National Federation of the Blind advances the lives of its members and all blind people in the United States. We know that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. Our collective power, determination, and diversity achieve the aspirations of all blind people.</span><span style='mso-ligatures:standardcontextual'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p> </o:p></p><div><div style='border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in'><p class=MsoNormal><b><span style='font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'>From:</span></b><span style='font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif'> Ohio-Talk <ohio-talk-bounces@nfbnet.org> <b>On Behalf Of </b>President Capital chapter via Ohio-Talk<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, September 15, 2026 6:28 AM<br><b>To:</b> Ohio Talk <ohio-talk@nfbnet.org><br><b>Cc:</b> President Capital chapter <president.capital.nfboh@gmail.com><br><b>Subject:</b> [Ohio-Talk] Are you getting excited for convention?<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p class=MsoNormal><o:p> </o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal>Hello Ohio!<o:p></o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal><o:p> </o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal>I sure am. I am all registered, have my rooms reserved, and I\u2019m getting ready for our convention in Dayton here in just a few short weeks! I will be so excited to see all of my Federation family and meet some new people as well. I am also excited to give away many door prizes! But, in order to give them away, we have to have them. So this is just a reminder that we are looking for all kinds of door prizes. In the past, we have had gift cards, small electronics, handmade, and bait goods, and of course cash. Anything that somebody would love to win! I always say I would love it if everybody in attendance want a door prize! How cool would that be? The other thing we are looking for our auction items. One of the high points of our banquet is are not so silent auction. These would be larger items that people would pay good money for to raise dollars for our affiliate. In the past gift baskets have been very popular along with some other handmade items and crafts, and a little bit larger appliances. We\u2019ve even had show and sports ticket packages that are very popular. And, of course, it is always a good time. We all know that we need to bid against President Payne. So bring lots of items!<o:p></o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal><o:p> </o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal>When you come to convention, please have your door prize and auction items described in braille. This way, I can tell everybody what they are winning or bidding on. You will be able to find me at convention to drop off your prizes at the door prize room. I usually spend some time in there to gather and organize. Or you can leave it at the registration table if you cannot find me and I will get it. You can also call me at 614-288-4323. You can even drop prizes off at the door prize table in general session. Because auction items tend to be larger, it would be best if you can arrange to bring it to the room where I store them. From what I understand, that room will be close to where we hold our general sessions. I will make sure all of you know exactly where as the time gets closer. And if anybody needs help railing, just let me know.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal><o:p> </o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal>Can\u2019t wait to see all of you in November! Good luck to everybody!<o:p></o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal><o:p> </o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal>Annette<o:p></o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal>Annette Lutz<o:p></o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal>President<o:p></o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal>Capital Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio<o:p></o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal>614-288-4323<o:p></o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal><a href="mailto:President.capital.nfboh@gmail.com">President.capital.nfboh@gmail.com</a><o:p></o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal><o:p> </o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:13.0pt'>The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise the expectations of blind people because we know that low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want, blindness is not what holds you back. </span><o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>