[OhioDAN-Talk] [Diabetes-Talk] 2019 NFB Legislative Priority

Walter Mitchell walterl.mitch2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 11:31:21 UTC 2019

Hello guys,

You are making a very good point as to having a legislative concern for
accessible medical equipment, so a few weeks ago I found the "Call to
Congress" event for the American Diabetes Association. They have a few days
on theHill just as the NFB does. This year they will be in Washington D.C.
March 27-29. I for the life of me do not see a reason why they would not
take our concern seriously. I believe that it is up to us to bring it to the
front of their discussions. Unfortunately, I am already obligated for those
dates, but if not, I would be there! The event for 2020 will definetly be on
my calendar.

In my opinion, the collective effort of orgganizations will give us
additional strength while attempting to push our very important initiative
forward. The NFB is not a diabetes related organization, it is a blind
organization, we as the DAN is the catalyst for the diabetic community as it
relate to the NFB, so in my opinion, we have already tried to initiate a
program with our NFB and experienced some success. We lost our two major
players, so now we need to find common allies to start our re-focused
approach again.

My research on the American Diabetes Associacion is limited at this time,
but I have every plan to move forward with learning more, because my life
depends on it!

Sincerely,
Walter Mitchell
V-President, Ohio Diabetes Action Network
Board member, National Diabetes Action Network
(513) 582-8606
Walterl.mitch2 at gmail.com