[OhioDAN-Talk] Ohio Diabetes Action Network September 25 meeting minutes

nfbohiodandivision at gmail.com nfbohiodandivision at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 19:14:27 UTC 2023

Ohio DAN meeting minutes September 25

President Walter Mitchell convened the meeting at 7:35 PM

Attendance:

Board members: Walter Mitchell, Coleen Roth, Wilbert Turner

Membership: Marianne denning, delcenia Brown, Dave Perry Gloria Conway,
Amber Woods

Committee Reports:

Fundraising; Wilbert Turner: Drawing was very successful, gross revenue over
$2,000.00 profit 1,300.00.

Expressed that membership involvement is important to the success of the
fundraisers.

Technology; Delcenia Brown, We have 21 followers on FB, we have posted
recipes for the Hungry no more cooking show. All of the educational seminars
have been posted to YouTube, we have 6 followers.

Resource, Gloria Conway; requested resource information from the membership.
Hope to have a resource list available by convention. She spoke about the
recipes for blind and diabetic but hungry no more. Must be a diabetic recipe
and she will not post it if she would not eat it. The actual show is still
being developed.

Membership committee; Dr. Peters resigned the committee chair. I thank her
for her participation while maintaining so many other responsibilities. We
are looking for a new chair

New members:

Amber Woods and Dave Perry both spoke a little about themselves and why they
are interested in joining the DAN.

A quorum was not met for this meeting. Business could not be conducted.

New business"

Gavel report; Walter request that the membership provide your individual
community and civic participation.

Convention; The speaker we had requested to provide her presentation at the
2024 convention.

Coleen suggested that we have the CGM manufacturer speak, because she have a
problem extracting the blood from her finger.

Wilbert provided his method for pricking his finger to get the blood for the
regular meter.

Gloria suggested a representative from the Accessible Pharmacy speak at
convention.

Donations to plans:

Per Capita tax; 1 dollar per member and 10 dollars to the Affiliate.

Colleen suggested that we donate to the money for the movement.

Wilbert suggested we give to the white kane fund.

Colleen explained that the white kane fund is not for the actual
distribution of kanes.

Delcenia suggested that we donate to the PAC plan 5 dollars per month and
the division should decide on an amount to split for the funds that we will
support.

President Walter Mitchell adjourned the meeting at  8:45 PM

Recording:

https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/p17dazaqwxIEv_CSQ4ZReokHMua_vkkgI4if2haLJV
KvIc_dMWcJ2L9txL6tH2vQ.IBSZ63__QQgokO34

Passcode: !Ts.$2&4