[OhioDAN-Talk] General note.

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 13:55:49 UTC 2023

Greetings colleagues,

This is only a general message which requires no response just the
understanding to start communicating a mutual respect and bond.

While working together sometimes our feelings may get the best of us and our
passion for advocating may be elevated at times but it is still important to
note that we all are volunteers the difference is that you are elected to
office and should be part of the solutions to problems even at times when
things get hard.

I would like to make note that after the pandemic our membership is not
growing at the rate in which it was several things could be playing a part
in this but the first thing that comes to mind is how are we getting the
word out by going out in the community and working in our community outside.

We sometimes get a local attitude about raising money and how to support the
Federation on a state level. The truth of this is that the Affiliate is the
legal entity, and we give the charters to the chapters and divisions which
makes you a part of the big picture the Affiliate needs to have you on board
with everything that we do. I will give you two samples of whereas leaders
we must make a greater effort to step it up on the local level the Stem to
you and Bell these programs cost the Affiliate and for the most part we
received a small amount of support money wise or even getting the word out
about the programs. Leaders we should find a way to do more because aren't
we in this together?

Please do not reply all to this message but if you have a need contact me
outside of this message. My reason for this message is to start to get us to
think hard and long about how to build the Federation starting first with
ourselves and then in the areas where we can effectively make change.

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368
Rchpay7 at gmail.com <mailto:Rchpay7 at gmail.com>
blindness is not what holds you back.