[OhioDAN-Talk] Friendly reminder: AI and labels, the advantages for the blind and visually impaired, hosted by the Ohio Diabetes Action Network

nfbohiodandivision at gmail.com nfbohiodandivision at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 00:08:44 UTC 2024

Please share and support:

Educate, Empower and Inspire Virtual Seminar

The Ohio Diabetes Action Network presents:

AI and labels, the advantages for the blind and visually impaired

When:

April 12, 2024 at 4 PM Eastern

Where:

The Ohio Affiliate Zoom Room, Please find the Zoom platform information
below.

Artificial Intelligence can be a great enhancement for the people in the
blindness community, if used and regulated appropriately. Is AI good for
you? Can it enhance your independence? Join the Ohio Diabetes Action Network
as we gain knowledge of the nuances of this evolving technology.

We will have a demonstration of "Be My AI" from Mr. Dontee Wrenn a member of
the National Federation of the Blind. Mr. Wrenn is an Office Automation
Assistant with the Department of Defense. I am positive that his
demonstration will be informative.

We will also have

A presentation from:

Accessible Pharmacy Services, a home delivery pharmacy service and
healthcare company specializing in patients who are blind and have low
vision. They are the only provider of its kind in the world and the largest
blind-owned healthcare company in America.  Their model merges healthcare
and accessibility and empowers patients to live healthier lives while
managing their medication and diabetes with greater independence.  We will
be joined by Mr. Levell Keeling, Director of Business Development and Mr.
Andy Burstein, a co-founder and the CEO of Accessible Pharmacy.
<http://www.accessiblepharmacy.com/> www.AccessiblePharmacy.com. They will
be discussing accessible labels for medication including:

*	ScripTalk
*	Braille
*	WayTag
*	Be My Eyes & Be My AI
*	DeafBlind Healthcare App
*	OCR Apps
*	Language & font options
*	CGM sharing
*	Medical Device Non-visual Accessibility Act

and more...

Please bring your questions, comments and concerns. This technology will
effect us in many areas of our lives such as, pharmaceutical labeling, food
and nutrition labeling just to name a few. I hope to hear your voice in the
room!

The Ohio Zoom platform information:

https://zoom.us/j/4081850851

Meeting ID: 408 185 0851

One tap mobile +1-646-876-9923, 4081850851# US

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abdqTMSdcy

Regards,

Walter Mitchell

President, Ohio Diabetes Action Network

Board Member, National Diabetes Action Network

(513) 250-2432

 <mailto:Walterl.mitch2 at gmail.com> nfbohiodandivision at gmail.com

Purpose:

The Diabetes Action Network Educate, Empower and Inspire blind and visually
impaired people to independently and confidently manage diabetes!

Follow the Ohio Diabetes Action Network on social media:

Face book:  <http://www.facebook.com/OhioDanDivision/>
www.facebook.com/OhioDanDivision/.

YouTube:  <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo2LdDV_40OGxIp3AApnUYw>
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo2LdDV_40OGxIp3AApnUYw