[PABS] Its Convention time for you! Learn about the incredible opportunity of the NFB National Convention at the May student meeting!

Simon Bonenfant sbonenfant2 at gmail.com
Tue May 16 17:28:36 UTC 2023

Good afternoon all,

I hope that you are all doing well and getting excited about the end of the
semester and the start of summer!

In the midst of the sweltering heat of July, there is an opportunity for
you to stay cool and learn what’s hot in the field of blindness. You might
be wondering what I’m talking about? I’m talking about the National
Convention of the National Federation of the Blind held from July 1 to July
6, 2023, in Houston Texas.

Each year our organization comes together for important discussions,
decisions, and information sharing. As an attendee, take advantage of the
opportunity to: Network with thousands of blind role models. Connect with
leaders in the field of blindness. Attend presentations on a variety of
empowering topics. Learn about the latest in technology and innovation. And
more! The convention is open to all. We will discuss all of this at our May
student meeting.

I will be conducting a panel all about the national convention. Topics to
be covered include A general overview of what to expect, highlights of the
convention, some of the fun and educational activities held throughout the
week, and more.

On this panel you will hear David DeNotaris , Lynn Heitz, Carlton Walker,
Elizabeth Rouse, and myself. All of us are seasoned veterans of national
convention so we will be able to give you the inside scoop!

In addition, Elizabeth will be discussing the specific events that the
National Association of Blind Students will be presenting.

You won’t want to miss this panel!

The meeting will take place this upcoming Monday, May 22, 2023, from 7:00
to 8:00 PM.

Zoom info is below.

I hope to see many of you there!

All the best,

Simon Bonenfant, PABS Student President

Want to contact me directly? Drop me a note at sbonenfant2 at gmail.com

Want to drop me a line? Call me at 610-212-0016

P.S. Want to win an Amazon gift card? Join the meeting to find out the
amount and how you could be the big winner!

Zoom Link:

Topic: Pennsylvania Association of Blind Students Monthly Meeting

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/96292437071

Meeting ID: 962 9243 7071
One tap mobile