[PACapitalChapter] NFBP Capital Chapter meeting this Saturday, March 16

Anna Walker missannawalker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 14:46:10 UTC 2019

Hello,

I forgot to add into the agenda Elizabeth's great ideas. Here is the
updated agenda with Elizabeth's ideas added.

Anna

Capital Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania Board
Meeting Agenda Saturday, March 16, 2019 10:00 a.m. EST

*Conference Call, our conference call-in number is (605) 472-5521. After
dialing in, press the access code, 661198, followed by the pound sign (#)*

*Note: We may also have the option of meeting in person at **MAYBE at 207
House Avenue, Suite 107, Camp Hill, PA, 17011*

·       *If we do, I will send out an email to everyone.*

Attendees:

Welcome/Personal Updates:

Secretary’s Report:

Treasurer’s Report:

Previous Balance:* $ *

Total Income:* $*

Total Expenses: *$*

Current Balance (as of March 16, 2019): *$*

NFB Presidential Report:

https://nfb.org/sites/default/files/audio/presidential-releases/2019-03-english.mp3

·       President Riccobono announces that preregistration for the 2019
National Convention <https://nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention> is
now open. He also discusses the Dr. Jacob Bolotin Awards
<https://nfb.org/programs-services/scholarships-and-awards/dr-jacob-bolotin-awards>
, the Marrakesh Treaty
<https://nfb.org/sites/default/files/publications/bm/bm19/bm1903/bm190308.htm>,
a new series of blind parent podcasts
<https://nfb.org/resources/publications-and-media/nations-blind-podcast>,
our latest policy statements
<https://nfb.org/programs-services/advocacy/policy-statements>, NFB summer
programs <https://nfb.org/programs-services/summer-programs>, the
national scholarship
program
<https://nfb.org/programs-services/scholarships-and-awards/scholarship-program>,
the Jacobus tenBroek Disability Law Symposium
<https://nfb.org/programs-services/legal-program/jacobus-tenbroek-disability-law-symposium>,
and
the Dream Makers Circle
<https://nfb.org/get-involved/ways-give/planned-giving/dream-makers-circle>.

Old Business:

·       Presidential Report—Anna Walker

·       Update on securing locations for BELL

·       Report on meeting in State College

New Business:

·       Any discussions regarding our Chapter’s meeting place

o   Do we need to confirm paperwork with Giant Food Store?

o   Are there other, private places that are close to public transportation?

·       Discussing potential volunteers for BELL

·       Discussion of upcoming Poster Session for NFB BELL Academy at the
AER Conference in April in Harrisburg

·       Speakers we can invite to our meetings

·       Membership, recruitment and retention

·       Other ideas for outreach

·       Fundraising discussion

·       When Chapter president receives template for demographic
information needed, she will alert members immediately

Motion to Adjourn:

Next Meeting:

Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. EDT at the Giant Food Store
Community Room, 3301 Trindle Rd Camp Hill, PA 17011

Future meeting dates and times:

·       Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. EDT

·       Saturday, May 18, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. EDT

·       Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. EDT