[PACapitalChapter] October Meeting Agenda

Anna Walker missannawalker at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 11:52:51 UTC 2019

Here is our agenda for tomorrows meeting.

Anna C. Walker

Capital Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania Board
Meeting Agenda Saturday, October 19, 2019 10:00 a.m. EST

*Community Room at the Camp Hill Giant, 3301 Trindle Rd. Camp Hill, PA,
17011*

*If you cannot attend, our conference call-in number is (605) 472-5521.
After dialing in, press the access code, 661198, followed by the pound sign
(#)*

Attendees:

Welcome/Personal Updates:

Secretary’s Report:

Our chapter meeting began Saturday September 21st, 2019 at ten a. m.

All who attended were Hillary McFadden, Anna and Carlton Walker, Cordelia
and Nick Peters, Gery Curylo, Elizabeth Medina Rivera, Carol Cruise, Lynn
Heitz, and Matt Shore. Secretary report was done by Hillary McFadden.
Treasurer's report was in the agenda. State affiliate presidential report
was done by state president Lynn Heitz. Old Business: An idea for meet the
blind month was thought of. Reading poetry to children in braille as well
as showing them braille alphabet cards at Barnes & Noble.

New business: Some things need to be changed in the nfb constitution. A new
amendment has been added. Our meeting adjourned at 11:59 a. M.

Treasurer’s Report:

Checking Balance:* $520.26*

Savings Balance:* $1,161.37*

Total Income:* $211.00*

Total Expenses: *$5.00 (October 2019 NFB PAC—pre-authorized contribution)*

Current Balance (as of September 21, 2019): *$1,681.63*

Old Business:

Vote on changing the chapter’s constitution that was read at the last
meeting

Vote on bilaw change number one

Vote on bilaw change number two

Hosting the Hospitality swite

NFB Presidential Report:

President Riccobono discusses the ultimate goal of and philosophy behind
Meet the Blind Month. He also discusses White Cane Awareness Day, NFB's
Meet the Blind Month Twitter chats, and our partnership with Mattel
featuring the recent launch of UNO Braille. The President also provides
updates from our Dream Makers Circle.

https://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/podcast/presidential-releases-en/2019_10_english.mp3

New Business:

State convention

Motion to Adjourn:

Next Meeting:

Saturday, November 16, 2019

Meet at Barns and Nobles

Future meeting dates and times:

Saturday, November 16, 2019

Saturday, December 21, 2019

--
Anna C. Walker
President, Capital Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of