[PACapitalChapter] FW: [NFBP-Talk] Research Participants Requested

Brian Mackey bmackey88 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 00:54:33 UTC 2021

From: NFBP-Talk <nfbp-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Joseph Drenth
via NFBP-Talk
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 8:03 PM
To: nfbp-talk at nfbnet.org
Cc: Joseph Drenth <joe.drenth at gmail.com>
Subject: [NFBP-Talk] Research Participants Requested

The following research is not sponsored by the NFB of Pennsylvania but some
of you might be interested in participating:

My name is Harrison Cole and I'm a PhD student in the Department of
Geography at Penn State. I'm looking for people who would like to contribute
to a study on using tactile maps for natural disaster planning. The goal is
to try and figure out what sort of tactile map design works best for
assessing the risk of flood damage for a community-- in the future, these
sorts of maps could be used in all sorts of situations involving
geographical thinking, such as environmental management, city planning,
journalism, business operations, and many more.

If this sounds interesting to you, email me and I will send you a set of two
tactile maps and a link to an online survey. You will use the maps to solve
challenges that you might encounter in a disaster planning scenario. Through
the survey, you'll let me know how satisfied you were with using the maps to
solve those challenges. The whole process should take around an hour to
complete, and you will be given $20 upon completion to compensate you for
your time and as an expression of my gratitude for your contributions.

If you would like to participate or have any questions, send me an email at

harrisoncole at psu.edu <mailto:harrisoncole at psu.edu>

and I'll get in contact with you promptly.

Thanks!

---

Joseph Drenth

First Vice-President, National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania State Board of Vocational Rehabilitation

Senior R&D Software Engineer, JBT Corporation, Automated Systems Division

Cell: 215-827-7787

Email: joe.drenth at gmail.com <mailto:joe.drenth at gmail.com>