[PACapitalChapter] Fwd: CAC Meeting on December 20, 2022

Carlton Anne Cook Walker attorneywalker at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 18:08:23 UTC 2022

FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Barbush, Natalie <nbarbush at pa.gov>
Date: Wed, Dec 14, 2022 at 11:21 AM
Subject: CAC Meeting on December 20, 2022
To: Barbush, Natalie <nbarbush at pa.gov>
Cc: Lotz, Ruth <rulotz at pa.gov>, Wade, Nicole <niwade at pa.gov>, Kane, Patrick
(L&I) <patkane at pa.gov>, Cathy Long <long.cathy1223 at gmail.com>

Good Morning OVR Customers,

Please see the agenda below for the upcoming Citizens Advisory Committee
(CAC) meeting on Tuesday December 20th 2022 at 12noon.  The meeting runs
from 12 to 1:30pm and is being held in our office at 555 Walnut Street, 8th
floor, Harrisburg, PA 17101.  Parking is available in our building off 5th
Street, between Market and Walnut, you would turn right into our parking
garage, which is the 1st 4 floors of our building.  You will see a sign
indicating no public parking, you are OVR customers and stakeholders and
are permitted to parking in our garage as our visitors for this meeting.
If you plan to park in our building, use the right hand side parking gate
and pull a ticket and we will supply you a token when you leave.

The CAC will be electing new officers for the upcoming CAC term at this
meeting.  If you are interested in serving as the Chairperson, Vice
Chairperson or Secretary please plan to attend this meeting.  We’d welcome
your input!

In addition to electing new officers we will have a guest speaker.  Jessica
Crum-Lasko is the Program Director of the BEP program in our Bureau of
Blindness and Visual Services and she will speak about that program.

This meeting is in person with a call in option.  1-267-332-8737 is the
call in number and 606079311# is the phone conference ID number.

The bracketed text below the agenda is a message from Cathy Long the
current CAC Secretary.

AGENDA FOR THE CAC MEETING

                             December 20, 2022,      12 noon to
1:30         BBVS-BVRS District Office

                                           Eighth
floor

        555 Walnut St., Harrisburg, PA.

   1.  Welcome and Introductions

   1. Approval of the September minutes

   1. BBVS Business Enterprise Program (BEP) Services

Discussion by Jessica Crum-Lasko, Program Director of BEP for BBVS

   1.  Report by BVRS

               Patrick Kane

   1.  Report by BBVS

               Natalie Barbush

   1.  Reports from other Organizations

   1.  Other Business

Next meeting is March 21, 2023

   1.  Adjournment

(NOTE):   Our speaker for the December 20  meeting, Jessica Crum-Lasko, is
from the Johnstown, PA area.

                                        Her presentation will be by
telephone.

The message below is from Cathy Long

[Please come to the next meeting of the Citizen Advisory Committee meeting
in person or on the phone via Skype. The physical address where this
meeting will take place is 555 Walnut Street, 8th Floor, Harrisburg, PA.
Look for the sign that says Office of Vocational Rehabilitation. The
meeting starts at noon on Tuesday, December 20, 2022.
 We start at noon, and no matter what, the meeting is over by 1:30 p.m.

We are looking for and hoping for new leadership in the Citizen Advisory
Committee. We need a Chair, a Vice-Chair, and a Secretary.

If you want a voice to learn more about the rehabilitation process, this
could be your opportunity to step up and learn. Maybe you think you know
everything you should know to run a meeting. Sadly, this meeting that
occurs quarterly is not well attended. Anyone with a question or concern
will have a chance to ask. However, we request that you keep the details of
the case private. Situations with your family member who is receiving
services through BVRS or BBVS should not express specific concerns
surrounding their family member  or circumstances in this meeting. Rather,
we ask that you reach out to the appropriate supervisor of the worker who
is providing services to your loved one if you are not happy with the way
things are going. And please do speak to the worker about any potential
concerns, but not in this meeting.

Feel free to contact Patrick Kane at  patkane at pa.gov or 717-346-2792 and
Natalie Barbush at nbarbush at pa.gov or 717-787-1842 for more details.

Thank you for considering attending a CAC meeting to learn more about this
process. We hope you will want to join us at other future meetings.

Cathy 🐈‍⬛]

I hope you’re able to attend our last CAC meeting of 2022 on 12-20-2022
from 12 to 1:30pm.

Thank you and look forward to seeing you there! Natalie

*Natalie M Barbush MSW *| Social Worker Supervisor

Labor & Industry | Office of Vocational Rehabilitation

Bureau of Blindness and Visual Services| Harrisburg District Office

555 Walnut Street 8th Fl | Harrisburg, PA 17101

Phone: 717-787-1842 | Cell: 717-412-8172  | Fax: 717.772-0589

Office Hours: Mon-Fri 7:30am-3:30pm

www.dli.pa.gov/ovr

[image: OVR on FaceBook] <https://www.facebook.com/PAVocRehab>   [image:
OVR on Twitter] <https://twitter.com/PA_OVR>   [image: OVR on LinkedIn]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/pavocrehab/>  [image: OVR on Instagram]
<https://www.instagram.com/pa_ovr/?hl=en>   [image: OVR on YouTube]
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQwjp2TtECXnjtiFaV0ehXg>

*OVR’s Mission: To assist Pennsylvanians with disabilities to secure and
maintain employment and independence.*

for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain confidential
and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended
of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. Thank you.

Auxiliary aids and services are available on request to individuals with
disabilities.

Equal Opportunity Employer/Program

Carlton Anne Cook Walker
Attorney at Law
BEAR--Blindness Education and Advocacy Resources
Teacher of Students with Blindness/Low Vision
101 Kelly Drive
Carlisle, PA   17015
Voice: 717-658-9894
Twitter: BrailleMom

*This message is not intended or offered as legal advice. * These materials
have been prepared for educational and information purposes only.  They are
not legal advice or legal opinions on any specific matters.  Transmission
of the information is not intended to create, and receipt does not
constitute, a lawyer-client relationship between this site, the author(s),
or the publisher, and you or any other user.  Internet subscribers and
online readers should not act, or fail to act, upon this information
without seeking professional counsel.  No person should act or fail to act
on any legal matter based on the contents of this site.  Unless expressly
stated otherwise, no document herein should be assumed to be produced by an
attorney licensed in your state.

This message is from the law firm Carlton Anne Cook Walker, Attorney at
Law.
This message and any attachments may contain legally privileged or
confidential information and are intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee.
If you are not the addressee, or if this message has been addressed to you
in error, you are not authorized to read, copy, or distribute this message
and any attachments.
You are hereby requested to please delete this message and attachments
(including all copies) and notify the sender by return e-mail or by phone
at 717-658-9894.
Delivery of this message and any attachments to any person other than the
intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive confidentiality
or any privilege.