[PACapitalChapter] Merry Christmas from the NFB of PA!

Stacie Leap stacie.leap at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 03:58:33 UTC 2022

Hey everybody!

Happy Holidays! Happy Holidays! Happy Holidays!
On behalf of the National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania,  we
would like to extend our seasons' greeting to those who celebrate
 Christmas. Today, Sunday, December 25, 2022 marks Christmas!

"Christmas is one of the most important Christian and cultural holidays of
the year, but what is the true meaning of Christmas? For Christians, the
true meaning of Christmas is the celebration of the Savior, Jesus Christ.
The etymology of the word Christmas:  It literally means Christian Mass.
It’s a shortened form of Christ’s Mass.

Christmas is a time of spiritual reflection on the important foundations of
the Christian faith. It’s also a celebration. It’s when Christians
celebrate God’s love for the world through the birth of the Christ child:
Jesus. The Bible tells of his birth hundreds of years before, fulfilling
prophecies
His birth is written in the Bible in Luke Chapter 2.
Jesus was born in order to pay the price for the things we have done wrong:
sin. God sent his only son to be the atonement for all our sins so that we
would not be separated from God. Without Jesus, we would all die for our
sins. We inherited our sinful nature from the first human beings God
created, Adam and Eve. While being fully God and yet fully man, Jesus came
into the world as an infant to save us all.

Most Christmas traditions vary in significance and symbolic meaning. For
example, we exchange gifts because God sent us the most precious gift: his
only Son. Also, three Wisemen visited Jesus and brought gifts as well. A
poem titled A Visit from St. Nicholas penned in 1822 popularized the
tradition of exchanging gifts too."

The above information and more can be read at the following article:
https://www.christianity.com/wiki/holidays/what-is-the-meaning-of-christmas.html

Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate it!!!!

Thanks,
National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania
www.nfbp.org