[PACapitalChapter] Introducing the National Federation of the Blind Monthly Newsletter!

Stacie Leap stacie.leap at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 02:59:48 UTC 2023

Hello everybody!

First off, the National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania would like
to wish everybody a prosperous and healthy new year! Whatever goals or
resolutions that you put into your mind and spirit for this year, we hope
you fulfill them to the best of your abilities!

We are back from the holidays and we hope you had a relaxing and
stress-free holiday season!

We are happy to announce the start of our monthly digest. During the first
few days of the month, we will start sending out our calendar of events.
These events will be within the National Federation of the Blind of
Pennsylvania as well as any pertinent information from the National
Federation of the Blind and the Pennsylvania blind community.

If you or anyone you know have any upcoming events or information that can
pertain to the blind community in Pennsylvania, please send them to Stacie
Leap at stacie.leap at gmail.com by the 29th of the month so it can be added
to our calendar for the following month.

For those using screen readers, you can use your heading navigations to
skip around the email.

Membership Dues for 2023

Because we are in the new year, we are also collecting dues for 2023!
Please contact your chapter and divisions for membership dues as each
chapter and division has different amounts.
  Google Calendar Links

The National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania also has a Google
Calendar that can be viewed either through the web or subscribed to your
calendar apps.

You can view the calendar without subscribing to it and view it on your web
browser by clicking the following link:

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=7jgal0nrodbmg61a8aar0o3i2g%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America%2FNew_York

However, if you wish to subscribe to the calendar and get the events on
your calendar apps, please click the following link and go through the
steps to subscribe:
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/7jgal0nrodbmg61a8aar0o3i2g%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics
  Calendar of Events

The following events are also on our Google calendar with the Zoom
information. If anyone within a chapter, division, or group see any errors
or misinformation, please contact Stacie Leap at stacie.leap at gmail.com or
text her at 215-776-6741.

 The below information is correct as of the first week of the month. The
information is most up-to-date on the Google Calendar so please check back
periodically to ensure the right information.

 Coffee With the President and Board

 a monthly discussion series where people are invited to come meet all the
NFB of PA Board Members as well as learn of any new information pertaining
to the Pennsylvania blind community.

 Wednesday, January 4, 2023 at 7pm ET

 Jigsaw Chapter Monthly Meeting

 a monthly meeting for those who are members or plans to be members of the
at-large chapter. This chapter typically pertains to those who wish to join
a local chapter but there are none in your geographical area.

 Saturday, January 7, 2023 at 10AM ET

  Erie County Chapter Meeting

  a monthly meeting for those who live in Erie County Pennsylvania.

  Sunday, January 8, 2023 at 6pm ET

Deaf Blind Division Monthly Meeting

 a monthly meeting for those who consider themselves to be Deaf Blind and
their supporters.

 Monday, January 9, 2023 at 6PM ET

 Pennsylvania Organization of Parents of Blind Children (PAOPBC) Monthly
Meeting

 a monthly meeting for parents of blind children and their supporters

 Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at 11AM ET

Greater Bucks Chapter Bowling Social

The Greater Bucks Chapter invites all to come hang out with them at Hiester
Lanes in Reading, PA. Please confirm your attendance with Chapter President
Rosemary Freedman at 484-225-0997

Wednesday, January 11, 2023 at 11AM ET

 Pennsylvania Association of Blind Merchants (PABM) Monthly Meeting

 a monthly meeting for those who are or wish to be involved with the
Business Enterprise Program, entrepreneurship and their supporters.

  Wednesday, January 11, 2023 at 6PM ET

  Greater Bucks Chapter Holiday Luncheon

The Greater Bucks Chapter will be having their holiday luncheon at Coastal
Grill.  Members of the chapter will have up to $25 of their meals covered.
Family, friends, and supporters will have to pay for their own food/drink.
Please RSVP by January 9, 2023 to Chapter President Rosemary Freedman at 484
-225-0997

  Friday, January 13, 2023 at 11AM ET

  Keystone Chapter Monthly Meeting

  a monthly meeting for those who live in the Greater Philadelphia area.
This is one of two local chapters in the Greater Philadelphia area. The
other chapter is the Greater Philadelphia Chapter.

Saturday, January 14, 2023 at 10:15AM ET

Greater Philadelphia Chapter Holiday/Appreciation Luncheon

This is the annual luncheon holiday celebration for the Greater
Philadelphia Chapter. This year, the chapter will also honor members who
have been members for over forty years.

Saturday, January 14, 2023 at 1PM ET

Pittsburgh Chapter Monthly Meeting

A monthly meeting for those who live in the Greater Pittsburgh area.

Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 6PM ET

  Capital Area Chapter Monthly Meeting

  a monthly meeting for those who live in the Greater Harrisburg area.

  Saturday, January 21, 2023 at 10AM ET

  Blind Parents Group Monthly Meeting

  a monthly meeting for blind parents, grandparents, and their supporters

  Saturday, January 21, 2023 at 7PM ET

  Pennsylvania Association of Blind Students (PABS) Monthly Meeting

  a monthly meeting for blind students of all ages and their supporters.

  Monday, January 23, 2023 at 7PM ET

  Blind Seniors Group

  a monthly meeting for those who are seniors or almost seniors as well as
their supporters.

  Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 7:30PM ET

  Brandywine Valley Chapter Monthly Meeting

  a monthly meeting for those who live in the Brandywine Valley.

  Saturday, January 28, 2023 at 10AM ET

Greater Philadelphia Chapter Monthly Meeting

a monthly meeting for those who live in the Greater Philadelphia area. This
is one of two local chapters in the Greater Philadelphia area.  The other
chapter is the Keystone Chapter.

Saturday, January 28, 2023 at 10AM ET

  Pennsylvania Association of Guide Dog Users (PAGDU)

  a monthly meeting for those who have or are considering getting a guide
dog as well as their supporters.

  Saturday, January 28, 2023 at 4pm ET

 White Canes Connect Podcast

 Did you know that the National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania has
a podcast? It is hosted by members David Goldstein and Lisa Bryant. It
features interviews with our PA members as well as interviews and resources
for the blind community. You can listen to it wherever you listen to
podcasts.

Listen on  Apple Podcasts
<https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/white-canes-connect/id1592248709>,
Spotify <https://open.spotify.com/show/1YDQSJqpoteGb1UMPwRSuI>, Amazon Music
<https://www.amazon.com/White-Canes-Connect/dp/B08K5B6683/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=white+canes+connect&qid=1636149501&qsid=139-0343126-3565115&s=audible&sr=1-1&sres=B08K5B6683,B07P88N4RS,B008U2QT28,B00MFS7BT8&srpt=WALKING_STICK>
, IHeartRadio
<https://www.iheart.com/podcast/263-white-canes-connect-89603482/>,
and on Twitter
@PABlindPodcast <https://www.twitter.com/pablindpodcast>. Contact White
Canes Connect at whitecanesconnect at gmail.com if you have any show ideas or
wish to be on the podcast.

 Washington Seminar

 Date: Monday, January 30 through Thursday, February 2, 2023

Hotel Location: Holiday Inn Washington Capitol – National Mall (550 C
Street, SW. Washington, DC 20024)

At our Washington Seminar, members of the National Federation of the Blind
convene to learn about and advocate for legislative initiatives that will
improve the lives of blind Americans. Blind people from all over the
country will meet up in Washington, DC to meet with their federal
legislators.

For those living in Pennsylvania and wish to attend, please make your voice
heard by emailing Emily Gindlesperger, Legislative Director, at vp2 at nfbp.org

For more information on Washington Seminar, please visit the following
link:

https://nfb.org/programs-services/advocacy/washington-seminar

Birthday Wishes and Special Occasions

If you want to shout out anyone within the affiliate or wish to be
acknowledge for a special occasion in your life, please email Stacie Leap
at stacie.leap at gmail.com and we can feature it at our next monthly digest.

Regrets and Condolences

Nobody likes sad news but if you know of anyone who needs uplifting or
condolences, please email Stacie Leap at stacie.leap at gmail.com and we can
feature it at our next monthly digest.

Fundraisers

As a nonprofit organization, we engage in various fundraisers to help with
the operations of our chapters, divisions, groups, and affiliate as a
whole. If you have a fundraising event that you want to advertise, please
email Stacie Leap at stacie.leap at gmail.com

Also, if you already had a fundraiser and would like to tell us how it
went, also please email Stacie Leap at stacie.leap at gmail.com

NFB Pledge

I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation
of the Blind; to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

NFB Message

between blind people and our dreams.

Many thanks to everybody for all they do within the Federation!

Thanks!

the National Federation of the Blind of Pennsylvania team

www.nfbp.org