[PACapitalChapter] Why Should I Join The Student Division - panel from PA Association of Blind Students

Stacie Leap stacie.leap at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 03:16:58 UTC 2023

Hello all:

Please see the below message from Simon Bonenfant concerning the
Pennsylvania Association of Blind Students' event coming up later on this
month.  You should not miss this!

Thanks,

Stacie Leap

stacie.leap at gmail.com | 215-776-6741

---

Greetings and Happy New Year from the Pennsylvania Association of Blind
Students (PABS)! We are so excited to begin 2023 together! With a New Year
comes new opportunities. Some of you have been active members in the
student division before, for others this might be your first time. Wherever
you are in your Federation journey, you’re invited to our first meeting of
2023, a panel discussion entitled Why Should I Join the Student Division?

This panel will be moderated by me, Simon Bonenfant and will feature
several panelists. These panelists will share stories about their
involvement in student divisions, and how it has helped them grow, given
them self-confidence, and taught them skills to succeed in life.

When: Monday January 23rd from 7:00 to 8:00 PM.

Where: Zoom (See Zoom link below)

Panelists: Naim Abu-El-Hawa, Elizabeth Rouse, and more to come!

We hope you will join us to learn from these exceptional individuals, have
fun getting to know fellow blind students, and grow your pathway to
success!

All the best,

Simon Bonenfant, PABS Student President

Want to contact me directly? Drop me a note at sbonenfant2 at gmail.com

Want to drop me a line? Call me at 610-212-0016

P.S. Want to win an Amazon gift card? Join the meeting to find out the
amount and how you could be the big winner!

Bio for Naim Muawia Abu-El Hawa:

Naim Muawia Abu-El Hawa is a senior at George Mason University, in pursuit
of dual Bachelors’ degrees in Arabic and Global Affairs, with a
concentration in Middle East and North African Studies, paired with a minor
in Immigration Studies. Aside from Naim‘s academic endeavors, he is
gainfully employed as an Accounts and Contracts Manager with Connect BBC, a
transportation logistics company based in Northern Virginia.

Naim has been active with the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia
since 2017, serving as the Potomac Chapter‘s  fundraising board member, as
well as multiple terms as board member and Vice President of the Virginia
Association Of Blind Students. Furthermore, Naim served on the 2018
National Association of Blind Students’ Convention Planning Committee, as
co-chair. Additionally, Naim was a 2018 NFB national scholarship
finalist/recipient, sponsored by the National Federation of the Blind.

Zoom Link:

Topic: Pennsylvania Association of Blind Students Panel Discussion

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/96292437071

Meeting ID: 962 9243 7071
One tap mobile