[Perform-talk] Resource for Blind Students, Stevie Wonder benefit

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Tue Dec 9 17:30:23 UTC 2008

Just saw this on another list.
Donna
***
Nominate a student to receive equipment from the Stevie Wonder House
Full of Toys benefit concert

The 13th Stevie Wonder "House Full of Toys" fundraising concert is
being held this December 13 in Los Angeles. This is the sixth
community-giving program
Sendero has spearheaded.

Nominations are open for students and young folks who could benefit
from this technology and who could not otherwise afford it. A school or
small organization
may also apply where the equipment might be used by more than one student.

One thing that is a bit different from the past two years is that we
would like to hear from the student as well as the teacher who is
nominating him
or her. In this season of giving, the application asks for one page or
less  with a story or essay about what the student has done or is doing
to  give
to others.

Nominations are open through January 15 2009. For more details on who
is donating and what and to apply, visit
http://www.SenderoGroup.com/hftform.htm

Feel free to pass this announcement around to others

So far, companies donating include:

Code Factory Freedom Scientific GW Micro Humanware KNFB LevelStar
Sendero Group TalkingThermostats.com ViewPlus   Becky and my full
partner Jake

--
For my bio & to hear clips from The Last Straw:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill

Apple I-Tunes

phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind
www.padnfb.org

Database version: 5.11300