[Perform-talk] Music theory text

Brad Dunse brad at braddunsemusic.com
Mon Mar 23 02:05:58 UTC 2009

Amy,

Thanks for the welcome, reply and forward to the other list. You sure have
your hands full with the various hats  you're wearing and its unfortunate
you've had health issues to get in the way. Hope that's done with. Never
been to Colorado but know some net friends out there. I'm from Upper
Michigan originally, then north eastern  Wisconsin, then northwestern
Wisconsin, then southeast  Texas and back to NW Wisconsin about 20 minutes
from east St. Paul, MN. I've tried the publisher in years past on a couple
books and wasn't successful, but perhaps now things are much different
with  electronic everything out there plus successful copyright strides for
blind folks. I am not a student enrolled anywhere. I'm pretty much a self
taught performing songwriter/guitarist utilizing such things as books on
songwriting, the internet, NSAI, SongU.com, and a Minnesota based
songwriting organization of which  I'm a member and board member . I'm
wishing to continue my trek on improving my craft and skills and learn
enough formally to teach others. I've been asked by folks in the past over
the years to teach them various things but feel I need to be
more  competent in theory in practical use and second nature explanation to
do  the job I want to do.

Thanks for the  directional pointer.

Brad

At 02:01 PM 3/22/2009, you wrote:
>hello brad,
>
>welcome to the land of pad! i'm glad that you decided to join this list.
>i'm amy sabo and i'm from colorado but, i'm originally from michigan. i
>attend the university of colorado-denver where i'm pursuing a degree in
>communications with a minor in political science. but, it has taken me a
>long to finish due to many medical issues in my life.
>
>as for performing arts involvement i'm a singer, a motivational speaker,
>and i also do media relations with a emphasis in internet radio. i'm glad
>that you found this list. as to your question i will forward it to the
>blind students list so they could also assist you on this.
>
>as to rfbd, bookshare, and nls i would also seeing if the books that you
>are looking for are in a accessible format through the publisher. most
>publishers have etexts of their books for people to get. are you a student
>at the time or just looking for information?
>
>well, that's all for now take care and please feel free to ask questions,
>give advice, and also have fun! this list for everyone in performing arts
>and it's the best way to have fun!
>

>hugs,
>from amy

Brad Dunse, ASCAP