[Perform-talk] intro

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Fri Nov 20 15:27:54 UTC 2009

Hi Jamie,
I play guitar and piano, sing and write. I used to play recorder, but
let it slip with everything else making my life so busy. No, I don't
read Braille music. I tried to learn it three times and got far enough
that I could read a piano part with a three-note chord in the left hand
and a melody note in the right, but I was a lot further along with that
in my playing, and I lost interest in it. I think it's best if you learn
that as a kid when you don't question why they made the symbols one off
from the standard alphabet -- 'd in literary Braille = 'c in Braille
music, etc.
Blessings,
Donna

Read my articles on American Chronicle:
http://www.americanchronicle.com/authors/view/3885

Follow me on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/dewhill

Join Me on LinkedIn:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/dwh99

Or,  FaceBook:
http://www.facebook.com/donna.w.hill.

Hear clips from "The Last Straw" at:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill

Apple I-Tunes

phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind
www.padnfb.org