[Perform-talk] My latest article on the Blind Driver Challenge

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Thu Jan 27 21:59:33 UTC 2011

Hi Friends,

I recently interviewed several people involved in the Blind Driver
Challenge, including Anil Lewis, NFB of PA president Jim Antonacci  and
Greater Philadelphia president Denise Brown. The link and blurb for my
article are below my name. Tomorrow a blind driver is going to solo at
the Daytona International Speedway. The point is to reshape Americans'
perceptions about what is possible without sight ... and to do basic
research on nonvisual interfaces that will help close the gap between
access technology and general technology. I'd really appreciate your
impressions. Does it send the message that blind people are capable of
far more than is generally assumed?

Thanks,

Donna

  ***

Daytona Hosts Blind Driver Challenge Demonstration at Rolex 24

http://www.suite101.com/content/daytona-hosts-blind-driver-challenge-demonstration-at-rolex-24-a338445

On Saturday, Jan. 29, 2011, a blind person will drive solo around
Daytona before the Rolex 24, in a Ford Escape designed by Virginia Tech
and the NFB.

--
Read Donna's articles on
Suite 101:

Connect with Donna on
Twitter:
www.twitter.com/dewhill
LinkedIn:
www.linkedin.com/in/dwh99
FaceBook:
www.facebook.com/donna.w.hill.

Hear clips from "The Last Straw" at:
cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill
Apple I-Tunes
phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Check out the "Sound in Sight" CD project
Donna is Head of Media Relations for the nonprofit
Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind:
www.padnfb.org

Database version: 6.16780