[Perform-talk] Expounding on Sarah's idea

Cameron Strife cameron at cameronstrife.com
Sat Jul 16 20:53:23 UTC 2011

Hi.  An album of all cover tunes would be very expensive to clear in
terms of dealing with the Harry Fox agency so that is not really
realistic.  The purpose is to showcase artist talent and to help bring
awareness to the PAD, as well as bringing in a bit of cash to fund
their work.  Between obtaining licenses for covers and paying for cd
duplication, you could easily drop a few grand on a comparatively
small run of cds and you would not even break even.  And, I'm not even
including dealing with obtaining licenses for covers in terms of
digital sales/streaming etc.

So, this is not realistic for this particular sort of project.

Cameron.