[Perform-talk] convention 2012 and The performing arts division

Jordy D. Stringer jstringer at student.cscc.edu
Tue Jun 19 00:12:35 UTC 2012

Greetings from The performing arts division,>
We hope this note finds you well!
Thanks to you! This has been an exhilarating year for the division, from the release of Souned in sight Volume Two, to the growth of several state performing arts divisions.

As we turn our thoughts to convention 2012, being held in Dallas
Texas at the Hilton Anatole Hotel
2201 North Stemmons Freeway
Dallas, Texas 75207.
I’d take this time to remind members that this is an election year. This year we will be electing our 2012/2014 officers. This will happen during the general membership assembly on Monday July 2.  Only due paying members should vote. The meeting time is scheduled for 1:00 to 4:00 with the elections beginning at 2:00.
Location: Peridot Room, Atrium mezzanine.
All seats are up for election!

Current officers:
President>
Dennis HR Sumlin>
Vice President:
Jordy D. Stringer
Secretary:
Beth Allred
Treasurer
Brooke Fox

in addition three board member seats are available as well. So remember to make this a part of your convention schedule.  We will
> Also be ratifying a new constitution this year.

This year we are proud to once again offer our membership the opportunity to show us what you’ve got! Please join us and contribute your artistic gift at the 12th annual showcase of talent being held Wednesday July 4, 2012. “Show time 6:30 PM until 10:15PM”
Location: Stemmons Ballroom, Atrium lobby .Cost $5 for > both entry and performance
There will be door prizes!
To sign up for the talent show, make contact with the Performing Arts leadership at
347-948-4445 no earlier than July 2.

As Apple is the current leader in the development of technology giving access to the blind out of the box this year during the convention the performing arts division will be raffling and I pad 3.  To view the specs visit:

http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_ipad_3_wi_fi-4621.php

Tickets for this remarkable peace of technology start at $7 for one,
$15 for three and five tickets for $20. The Drawing will take place during the showcase of talent Wednesday July 4. Tickets are on sale now!
To purchase tickets prier to convention contact Vice President Jordy Stringer at: jordystringer83 at gmail.com or by phone: 317-643-1890.
For tickets during convention see any board member.

Link with the Performing Arts division for other events like the song writers workshop with Kevin > Reeves.  Monday July 2 starting at 6PM. Admission: $5.00)
Location: Peridot Room, Atrium mezzanine
and our Performing Arts open house event on Tuesday July 3.
Location: Dardanelles Room, Atrium mezzanine
Donations Welcome

Be sure to make your presents known, and to be part of the first days of the future of the performing arts division.

Stop by our table in the exhibit hall to pick up your copy of Souned in sight Volume Two, to become a member or to find out what else the division is doing and to see how you can aid us as we move forward.

I close with the following excerpt from Dr. Marc Maurers the Urgency of Optimism Banquet speech!“
As we have observed in the National Federation of the Blind, leadership is one vital element of progress. As an organization must have faith in its future, the leaders of the organization must be optimistic. Pessimism signifies atrophy. Operating the same old program in the same old way will not encourage growth. Optimism and openness to imagination must be a part of the leadership. Every organization is faced with the same imperative: build or wither, grow or die. The openness to imaginative thought and the faith to believe that better, more effective programs can be created are part of the spirit of the National Federation of the Blind.”

Jordy D. Stringer
Vice President, Performing arts Division, National Federation of the blind
Phone:
347-948-4445
E-mail:
Jordystringer83 at gmail.com

“Disability is not a brave struggle or courage in the face of adversity… Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live.”

Jordy Stringer