[Perform-talk] New NFB song contest deadline approaching

Jordy Stringer jordystringer83 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 20:09:45 UTC 2014

Glory, Glory, Federation; Our Cause Goes Marching On

Since 1969, "The Battle Song of the NFB," or "Glory Glory Federation," as
its most popularly known among Federationists, has been our battle cry from
the convention hall to the picket line. Now, on the cusp of our
seventy-fifth anniversary, the National Federation of the Blind is launching
a contest to discover a new NFB song! The goal is to find a song that
encompasses our history while at the same time embracing  the bright future
that lies ahead.  The exciting part is that you have the opportunity to be a
part of it!

What: The new NFB Song Contest

When: March 1 through July 13, 2014

How: Send us a simple recording of yourself, or with a group, performing a
new song that could potentially be used as the NFB's new battle song.
Submissions must be received at nfbsong at nfb.org no later than July 13 to be
considered. The song must be original, no copyright infringement permitted.
The finalists will then be voted upon by our membership to determine the
winning song, details on that to come!

In addition to having the opportunity to impact the history of the
Federation, the person that submits the winning song will receive a
complimentary registration and banquet ticket for our seventy-fifth
anniversary to be held in July 2015, as well as have the lyrics to the
winning song printed on the anniversary convention program.

Help us show the world that with love, hope, and determination, we transform
dreams into reality!

If you have any questions about the contest, please feel free to contact the
chairman of our song committee, Gabe Cazares, at gcazares at nfbtx.org.  The
new federation song contest is an effort of the 75th NFB Anniversary
Committee with support from the Performing Arts Division of the NFB.

Jordy Stringer, President, Performing Arts Division, National Federation of
the Blind

Jordystringer83 at gmail.com

between blind people and our dreams.

You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.