[Perform-talk] What Does it Mean to be a Blind Musician? Find out at our Blind Music Academy

LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired lhnews at lighthouse-sf.org
Mon Apr 27 20:27:22 UTC 2015

Do you know a young blind or low vision musician?  Are you one yourself? Find out what it means to be a blind musician at Enchanted Hills Camp's Music Academy, August 3 to 9!

This session will be led by some of our nation's best teachers. Singers as well as those who play instruments are welcome at our summer Music Academy at Enchanted Hills.

After a hugely successful debut in 2014, the LightHouse will partner for a second year with Dancing Dots, the world's leading provider of accessible music technology for the blind, to bring our summertime Music Academy back to the redwoods. The Academy is open to young, motivated blind and low vision musicians from around the nation who are 14 to 25 years old.

Bill McCann, President and Founder of Dancing Dots, will spend the entire week with the aspiring musicians. McCann, blind himself, will lead a team of four blind instructors and technicians to teach the latest and greatest techniques for blind and low vision students. Also returning is former camper and current EHC staff member Shane Dittmar, who will bring his energy and talent to teaching what he loves most.

Featuring Special Guests
The week will feature special guest musicians from Napa and the Bay Area and the opportunity to perform live on our new Redwood Grove Theater Stage.

When: Monday, August 3 through Sunday, August 9
Where: Enchanted Hills Camp for the Blind, Napa
Cost for the week, all-inclusive: $300
(If the registration fee is a barrier, let us know; some scholarships will be available.)

To sign up, contact Taccarra Burrell at 415-694-7318 or tburrell at lighthouse-sf.org<mailto:tburrell at lighthouse-sf.org> or go to the Enchanted Hills page on our website: http://lighthouse-sf.org/programs/enchanted-hills/