[Perform-talk] Kaiti Shelton for PAD secretary

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 04:21:00 UTC 2015

Hello, everyone,

With just 3 days till convention, give or take a day for some of us, I
wanted to reintroduce myself to the list.

I'm currently entering my senior year at the University of Dayton
where I am majoring in music therapy.  Clarinet is my primary
instrument but as music therapy requires a wide range of skills I am
also a proficient vocalist, pianist, guitarist, and percussionist.
Additionally, I've dabbled in the other sectors of the performing arts
quite a bit throughout my youth.  I have been in musical productions
of Cinderella and worked backstage crew for Once Upon a Matress, and
had a cast role in Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing in high
school.  I've also had a part in the Ohio NAPUB radio play in 2013,
serving as the announcer in our live rendition of an episode from the
old time radio drama "The Adventures of Sam Spade."  I also enjoy
dance and am most familiar with West Coast Swing, but I have some tap
and jazz experience as well.  I hope that I can use these experiences
I've had to be an additional resource along with other members of the
current PAD board.

In the NFB I've worked diligently as president of the Ohio Association
of Blind Students for the past two years.  I'm also willing to help
out with everything from BELL to writing letters to representatives in
my affiliate, and that is an attitude I have already brought to the
Performing Arts Division.  I'm currently working to provide a
suggested system that the board can use to gather information about
the membership of the division so it can better meet the needs of the
group as a whole.  I'm also involved with some of the PAD events at
our 75th convention and am eager to perform with others for our
Federation family.

I'm running for secretary because it's a position I enjoy and I'd love
to be of service to this division.  I served as secretary of OABS
before I was elected president and kept detailed and organized
minutes.  I'm diligent about editing and sending notes and minutes out
promptly following meetings.  Finally, I'm good at collaborating with
others and have strong written communication skills.  I care deeply
about the performing arts in all capacities, and this would be another
way in which I hope to be of service to our shared livelihood and my
profession while serving the NFB.

Thank you for your consideration.  If you have any questions between
now and Tuesday I can be reached at this email address.  I hope
everyone has safe travels and enjoys the 4th of July!

--
Kaiti