[Perform-talk] Audio description

Masha Sten-Clanton morningglow at verizon.net
Sat Jun 6 17:28:08 UTC 2015

I'll contact you, Sandra! Yes, I find that even going to auditions is
helpful, even when I don't get cast, because it's an opportunity to work
on something and to experience how different people might interpret the
same material.

On 6/6/2015 1:17 PM, Sandra Gayer via Perform-talk wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> Sorry I'm late to this thread. I'm a Soprano Singer and Radio
> Presenter. I'm a soloist in an opera at the moment which celebrates
> the 800th anniversary of the signing of The Magna Carta.
>
> How difficult the work is to find, very much depends on where you
> look, how you sell yourself and, last but by no means least, how good
> you are at your craft!  Acting is no different. If you want work in
> these fields, you need experience. You can't get experience unless you
> are experienced. However, you can get experience volunteering in local
> groups. There is also experience to be gained on acting courses/vocal
> studies courses, auditions for jobs etc. Go to plays, concerts,
> musicals or another performances you feel relevant to see and hear how
> the professionals do things. Learn all you can. Every situation is an
> opportunity to learn something. Even auditions, (whether you get the
> part or not), is an opportunity to get something positive; hear a
> piece of music which suits your voice which you have never heard, make
> a contact...
>
> If anyone wants further help on getting work in the arts, contact me
> off list at sandragayer7 at gmail.com
> Very best wishes,
> Sandra.
>
> On 5/31/15, Rob Kaiser via Perform-talk <perform-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>> It is just as hard to find singing jobs as well.
>>

>> Rob Kaiser
>> email;
>> rcubfank at sbcglobal.net

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/perform-talk_nfbnet.org/rcubfank%40s