[Perform-talk] barbershop singing

Brett Boyer bboyer202 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 06:22:41 UTC 2015

Hi. I am branching out from rock and blues and trying to join a barbershop
society chapter here in California. I'm looking to talk to any blind folks
who sing in barbershop and find out how they go about memorizing lyrics and
/ or learning your parts.

I don't do that well with just listening, I'd like to be able to read the
lyrics and/or notes similar to a tab style instead of braille music. I know
this is a tall order but thought someone out here might have some
suggestions.

Another words, I don't read braille music. But if I could braille the
lyrics, or find them in a digital format, it would be more effective for me
than sitting down with an mp3 and listening and re-listening.

Thanks

bb