[Perform-Talk] Intro from a Board Member!

Lizzy lizzym0827 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 18:00:08 UTC 2015

Hi All,
Julie wrote a magnificent introduction a few weeks ago and now
that I finally have some downtime I would like to say hello!

My name is Elizabeth (Lizzy) Muhammad.  I am a sophomore at Bryn
Mawr College- a small liberal arts women's college in
Pennsylvania.  I'm majoring in International Studies,
concentrating in Gender and Equality and minoring in Spanish.  I
have served as a board member for the division (and been apart of
it) since July 2014- when I won an NFB National Scholarship.
Singing base and beatboxing in the college's official a cappella
group, The Bryn Mawr College Night Owls, are performing arts that
I am very proud of.  In the past I've done some acting/singing in
musicals but theatre takes a lot of time, so I haven't had the
chance to do it in a while.  You probably know me as the editor
for the division's newsletter, Spotlight.  I love writing,
editing and interviewing, but it takes a team to produce a good
newsletter so if you're interested in helping out or if you know
someone who should be featured, please shoot me an email at
lizzym0827 at gmail.com
Our next edition will come out in the winter but it's never too
early to get started.
Serving on this board continues to be an honor and I am looking
forward to the division's future.
Federation Love,
Lizzy

-
Elizabeth Muhammad
Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind
- Board Member