[Perform-Talk] Another Introduction

Katelyn MacIntyre katelynmacmusic at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 05:03:18 UTC 2015

*Hello all,*

*I would like to also introduce myself to those who don’t know me.  My name
is Katelyn MacIntyre, and I am pursuing a Master of Music in Vocal
Performance at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  I
received my Bachelor of Music from Biola University in Southern California,
so I have really experienced both extremes of weather in this country!
While I primarily study opera, oratorio, and art song, I also enjoy
dabbling in some other styles including jazz, Christian, and country.  Like
Julie, I am also a soprano and thoroughly enjoy learning languages.
Throughout my life I have performed internationally as a soloist and as a
member of my family quartet, the MacIntyre Family Singers, studied abroad
in Heidelberg, Germany, and I also enjoy ethnomusicology and volunteer as a
docent at the amazing Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) when I’m in Arizona.
Collaborating with other voices in an ensemble or singing with an orchestra
full of rich, colorful timbres are two of my favorite aspects of musical
performance.  Additionally, I am a competitive ballroom dancer (some of you
may have attended my swing dancing workshop this summer at Convention),
doing everything from Samba to Viennese Waltz, Tango to Quickstep!  Growing
up, I also competed in Clogging (a form of dance similar to Irish dance),
participated in many plays and musicals, and learned some piano and
guitar.  I am so grateful to have found the NFB in 2014 when I received a
National Scholarship (along with Lizzy) and was elected to the Performing
Arts Division Board.*

*It is a great honor to serve as the Vice President of this division, and I
look forward to working together to build the Federation with you all.
Each person has something unique to bring to the table, and I love learning
about other performing arts with which I am less familiar.  I am so excited
to get to know more of you as time goes on!  Please feel free to contact me
off-list at the address katelynmacmusic at gmail.com
<katelynmacmusic at gmail.com> if you have any questions or wish to reach me.*

*Warmest Regards,*

*~Katelyn MacIntyre*

*Vice President, National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division*

*Sigma Alpha Iota*

*MM Vocal Performance, Carnegie Mellon University ‘16*

*katelynmacmusic at gmail.com <katelynmacmusic at gmail.com>*

*www.katelynmac.com <http://www.katelynmac.com>*