[Perform-Talk] musical influences

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 14:49:18 UTC 2016

I’ve been listening to his  catalog and what is interesting is  that you see that though most of his stuff wasn’t put on the radio since the 90’s it didn’t  mean that his music was any less of quality.  I would  probably point songs such as “Stare” and “Baltimore” out as songs off of his last album that were either songs that would have held their own on the radio and in clubs or were, in the case of “baltimore”, quite timely and  relevant.
 I would suspect that most people could find a song or  two of his that they liked, and if they could mention four or more songs, I bet you they are probably a fan of his work.
 Musically he seemed to be as great a musician as he was a performer and probably just as great a person if not more so..