[Perform-Talk] musical influences--yet more

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 23:09:37 UTC 2016

And, while I’m at it, it is to my great shame if I forget some King Crimson, early Genesis and Peter Gabriel, as well as some easy-listening for when I’m just hanging out answering emails or writing poetry or trying to sleep and don’t want lyrics to distract me.

On the flip side of blues influenced by the qualities of Gospel, it’s also fascinating that some of our classic hymn tunes started out as bar songs. As someone put it, “why should the devil have all the fun?” Hey, I’m wondering—based on how “Revolution No. 9” on the Beatles’ White Album could be un-masked to sound like something else, as could the beginning of “Judah’s Kiss” on “More Power to Ya” album (whether using the track selector switch on the old LOC player, or an old turntable), is there any new way to un-mask something? BTW:  Do you know what happens when you un-mask a country song?—you stop drinking, you get your house, your wife and your kids back...

Sandra
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The Little Prince

---