[Perform-Talk] Performing Arts Division at Washington Seminar

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 00:39:20 UTC 2016

Good evening performing artists,

The National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division had
quite a presence this year at Washington Seminar!  Three members of
the board and many other members battled the snow to journey to the
Capitol.  Katelyn MacIntyre, Lizzy Muhammad, and I met with Congress
alongside our affiliates and discussed important issues, such as the
TIME Act and AIM HE Act.  We also held a 50-50 raffle.  Thank you to
those who participated in our raffle!  We drew the winner on Wednesday
afternoon, and Brian Duarte chose to donate his winnings back to the
division.  We extend our thanks to him, to those who bought tickets or
donated, and also to those who approached us to ask about the
division.

We look forward to seeing all of you at national convention!  Stay
tuned for exciting news about an upcoming membership call and new
special projects!

--
Julie A. McGinnity
President, National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division,