[Perform-Talk] Thank-yous and updates

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 22:20:00 UTC 2016

Good afternoon federation performing artists,

First, I would like to thank those of you who took part in the
activities of the National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts
Division at this year's convention.  I was overwhelmed by the support,
the numbers, and the enthusiasm.  And I'm so excited to begin planning
activities for the year and for 2017 national convention!

I also want to thank our lovely exhibit hall table workers.  Our table
was staffed whenever the exhibit hall was open, even during our
meeting.  Thank you!

Speaking of our meeting...  Our agenda was packed!  Our panel got some
great questions, and I think some people learned a little Braille
music!  If you are interested in the handout  distributed at the
Braille music crash course, let me know, and I can give you a BRF copy
of it.  I can also provide other resources for anyone interested in
learning Braille music.

The results of our elections are as follows:

President--Julie McGinnity, Mo
Vice President--Katelyn MacIntyre, Az
Secretary--Lizzy Muhammad, Pa
Treasurer--La'Keisha Holms, Ga
Board position 1--Precious Perez, Ma
Board Position 2--Briley O'Connor, Ky
Board Position 3--Jim Jackson, Or

Katelyn MacIntyre taught over 60 people how to dance in our seminars
on waltz and swing.  We filled the room and kept drawing in more.
Thank you to Katelyn for patiently working with all of us.

And finally, the show case of talent!  We filled the night with nearly
30 performers, comments from our knowledgeable judges, and the drawing
of our 50-50 raffle.  Congratulations to all who performed!  Special
congrats to our winners: first place, Richie Szopinski; second place,
Joy Ross.  I recommend that all of you listen to the replay of the
talent show whenever it is broadcasted.  No talent show would be
complete without a hitch in our plans.  This year about two hours into
the show, our sound board crashed.  Let me tell you...  My heart
stopped for about five minutes...  Until David Dunphy, Chris Nussbaum,
and the rest of our friends at KJSC radio gave over the use of their
sound board for the rest of the show.  So, on behalf of our division
and anyone else at the talent show, I give a huge thank you to them
for saving the evening!

The actions of our friends at KJSC radio demonstrate the dedication of
the people with whom we work in the Performing Arts Division.  If you
would like to work with us on our initiatives, projects, and
activities, please reach out to me.  I will be appointing committees
this summer and would love to work alongside you.  We shall not lose
momentum, and we shall work hard to build the federation through our
division.

I look forward to hearing from you, and I hope to see many of you at
Washington Seminar and national convention next year!

Julie A. McGinnity
President, National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division
kaybaycar at gmail.com
Phone: (410)659-9314 Ex. 2525
Division email: nfbpad at gmail.com