[Perform-Talk] Microphone and preamp upgrade recommendations anybody?

Cameron Strife cameron at cameronstrife.com
Wed Jun 29 00:50:07 UTC 2016

Hey everybody. If you were looking at upgrading your main large
diaphragm condenser microphone and wanted to compliment that with a
single channel preamp, what would you go for if you were going to
spend a grand or less?

I'm thinking either the Blue Baby Bottle or the AKG C214 and a Focusrite ISA1.

The mics both have great reviews, are priced reasonably, and I like
the audio demos I've heard.

The ISA1 has a great reputation, rave reviews, and is just at my
pricepoint of five hundred bucks.

I'm coming from an Art stereo tube pro studio preamp and SE
electronics 2200ac2 microphone as a point of reference. It's nice
don't get me wrong, however, I'm getting vocalists only as far as
recent clients go so figured it's about time to kick it up a notch.

Any thoughts?

I'm also selling the two pieces above so get in touch if interested.

Thanks,

Cameron.