[Perform-Talk] Discussion Starter

Rob Kaiser rcubfank at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 19 22:44:13 UTC 2016

Hello all. As many of you know, my performing art is singing. I actually started singing when I was 5 or 6 years old. Growing up in Chicago, I attended a day Camp on Saturdays for blind children @ River Park on the north side of Chicago. It was run by a blind lady named ruth Coleman who was totally blind & had the philosophy "I can do everything but drive." She was NFB personified. While attending this Saturday day camp, Mrs. Coleman & the other staff started writing original musical plays starting in 1965 & running until 1971. As the years went on, the roles I had got bigger & the songs I sung got somewhat more dificult & challenging. In 1976, we did another play about the founding of our country to honor the Bi-Sentenial. That was our last play. During this time, Mrs. Coleman, who was a psychologist & singer, encouraged me to go into singing as a profession. I went to college @ the American Conservatory of Music in Chicago where I receifed my Batchleor's degree in Music. I then received my Master's in singing @ Northwestern Univewrcity in Evanston, IL, just outside of Chicago. After college, I did private voice teaching & had minor operatic roles & sung in church choirs & did church solos. Up to recently, when I came up to Victorville, where there really aren't many if any musical opportunities, I've kept up my singing in church & community choruses & doing solos. I hope to move down the hill & re-kindle my singing.

Rob Kaiser
Email;
rcubfank at sbcglobal.net