[Perform-Talk] looking for some Brahms

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Sun May 1 05:06:40 UTC 2016

Now, to a completely different topic: Does anyone know of a sacred song in the Brahms catalog for solo soprano voice? I’m looking for something I can line up for a church solo, preferably in German, though English is also fine. In the Methodist hymnal, there is one, “We Are God’s People,” based on a portion of one of his symphonies, but since we already do that as a total congregation, I’m trying to avoid it in favor of something less-familiar but still carrying a Christian message. Thanks!

Sandra
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
The Little Prince

---