[Perform-Talk] Fwd: [nabs-l] Share your story today!

Amy Sabo amieelsabo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 21:13:30 UTC 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bryan Duarte via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 12:57:02 -0700
Subject: [nabs-l] Share your story today!
Cc: Bryan Duarte <bjduarte at asu.edu>

Greetings NABS,

I was asked to pass this awesome opportunity on to you all in case
winning 2500, 5000, or 10,000 dollars interests you. Please consider
applying for this great opportunity.

Website
http://www.limeconnect.com/news_events/default.asp?id=265
<http://www.limeconnect.com/news_events/default.asp?id=265>

Announcement:
Share your story today!

Lime Connect has launched the #IntheLimelight Video Contest, an
exciting opportunity for talented individuals to share how they are
rebranding disability through achievement.

Whether it’s as a student, intern, mid-level manager, or high-level
executive, individuals with disabilities bring a unique perspective
and diverse talents to the world, universities and the workplace each
and every day. Though there are many great examples, a lack of
visibility helps contribute to societal misconceptions and stigmas
about what it means to live and work with a disability. Help us change
the narrative!

We want to hear your story! Submit a 1–2 minute video telling us how
you live #IntheLimelight for a chance to win a $10,000, $5,000, or
$2,500 award.

Contest Date: Monday, July 17, 2017 – Sunday, August 20, 2017, @11:59 PM EST.

We’re awarding a total of $25,000 in cash prizes to the top videos,
provided by Lime Connect special advisor, Vint Cerf – Google’s Chief
Internet Evangelist, “One of the Fathers of the Internet," and the
inspiration behind this contest!

We strongly encourage you to submit a short video and take advantage
of this great opportunity. Learn more about how you can participate at
our website!

You do not need to be a member of The Lime Network to participate,
however, we also encourage you to join for exclusive access to future
opportunities. Additional information is available below.

Eligibility Requirements
•	You must be an 18 or older student or professional living in the
U.S. or Canada
•	You must identify as a person who happens to have a disability*
•	You must submit an original, unpublished work
•	By participating, you grant Lime Connect full rights to use your
submissions in future marketing and promotional materials (additional
details available in the entry form).

More About #IntheLimelight
The #IntheLimelight Video Contest was inspired by Lime Connect special
advisor, Vint Cerf – Google’s Chief Internet Evangelist and “One of
the Fathers of the Internet." As a leader in the disability community,
Vint noted the serious lack of content around the experiences and
success stories of people with disabilities. Lime Connect and Vint
share the belief that sharing these stories will help to dispel
misconceptions and highlight the value that individuals with
disabilities bring to the world, universities, and the workplace and
beyond. Lime Connect launched the first video contest in July 2017
with Vint Cerf as the sponsor.

About The Lime Network
You do not need to be a member of The Lime Network to participate,
however, we strongly encourage it. The Lime Network was developed to
be a career resource for high-potential university students and
professionals who happen to have disabilities. Network members receive
exclusive access to scholarships, internships and career opportunities
with our partners, one-one-coaching opportunities, professional
development resources, and so much more! Join The Lime Network.

* An individual with a visible or invisible disability is defined as
someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or
recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others
may consider to be a daily function; this definition also includes the
perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of
disabilities on campus are invisible, as are the majority of those in
the workplace, and individuals with all disabilities are encouraged to
apply.

Bryan Duarte | software engineer
ASU Computer Science Ph.D Student
Alliance for Person-centered Accessible Technology IGERT Fellow
National Association of Blind Students | Board Member
Arizona Association of Blind Students | President

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind.
Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they
want.