[Perform-Talk] It's Official: 195 The Globe To Provide Coverage And Streaming For This Year's National Convention

Amy Sabo amieelsabo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 22:53:43 UTC 2018

On 6/5/18, David Dunphy via Perform-talk <perform-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Greetings All!
> I am writing in because I have some exciting news to share regarding
> this year's national convention coverage.
> As you know, over the past few years, there has been an online stream
> provided of the general sessions, banquet, and board of directors
> meeting for people to check out, especially those who aren't able to
> make the national convention.
> There will be a stream this year, too, but there's an exciting
> announcement I'd like to share about this.
> It is my pleasure to announce that 195 The Globe, an online radio
> station, has partnered with the National Federation Of The Blind to
> provide convention coverage this year from Orlando Florida.
>  The events that 195 The Globe will be covering from convention are:
>  All general sessions
>  The board of director's meeting
>  The banquet
>  The Performing Arts Division talent show/showcase of talent
>  Plus other special interviews and coverage to be announced.
> The announcement was officially made on The Blind Side this week. You
> can hear the recording of the announcement by going to
> http://www.195theglobe.com/nfb18/StreamingCoverageAnnouncement.mp3
>
>  The fact that the globe, which is always streaming 24/7, is covering
> the convention this year will make it easier for you to listen to the
> convention stream if
>  you are unable to attend, since the globe is available not just
>  through the standard media players, but on Tunein and OOTunes. You
> can even ask alexa or google to play 195 The Globe on Tunein, and
> that's another way for you to listen to convention coverage too!
>  Please watch social media, the #nfb18 hash tag, and other lists for
>  more information and times for these events to be streamed during this
>  year's national convention.
>  Thanks to President Riccobono and members of the national office for
>  giving us this opportunity to provide top of the line coverage of this
>  year's convention.
>
>  If you have any questions about this, feel free to contact either
> David Dunphy at
> ddunphy at 195theglobe.com
> or our program director, and the man handling interview coverage, etc,
> Chris Nusbaum at
> cnusbaum at 195theglobe.com
>  You may also contact any member of the globe management team by calling
>  951-456-2324
>  or visiting us on the web at
> http://www.195theglobe.com
>  Sincerely,
>  David Dunphy, station owner, 195 The Globe, Welcome To The Radio
> Revolution
> http://www.195theglobe.com

> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/perform-talk_nfbnet.org/amieelsabo%40gmail.com

hello david!

this is wonderful news that the station is going to work in
partnership with the national office to be a part of streaming this
year's convention! I downloaded the press release fpor it and, if you
would like me or not I would like to use this to send it out to
whoever should know of this and, I would also love to also post the
information that you also provided to my personal social media pages
too if that's all right or not?  also, are you going to post this
announcement to all of the nfbnetlists or do you want me to do this
for you or not?  also, is this announcement also being send out to
president riccabano is he going to be putting it on the presidential
release or not for july? normally, he doesn't do it or not due to
convention but, I believe the one for june is already out since it
normally goes out by the beginning of the month and, it's already june
6th. oh well!  is the national office going to send out a press
release of this awesome news or you going to do this or do you need me
to do all of this pr work for you?  please let me know asap because my
schedule is pretty free this week and, also for the most of the month
with only a couple of doctor appointments.

well, my dear that's all for now take care and, i'm soooo happy for
you and, also for the station on this awesome news!  I hope that I can
be there with you for this in person if not then I will be glued to
mycomputer and, also my alexa too!

hugs always,