[Perform-Talk] [NABS-L] youtube keystrokes

Sandra Gayer sandragayer7 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 12:10:33 UTC 2018

Hello,
The keystroke toswitch PC curssor off is Insert plus the letter Z.
Then, I suspect that these keystrokes will work. I find that YouTube
has a number of sliders which can be accessed, using the PC cursor.
For instance, volume is a sliding edit field asis length.

I hope some of this is helpful.
Very best wishes,
Sandra.

On 5/8/18, Santiago H via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> These keyboard commands are correct, regardless of screen reader. You just
> have to use the command to bypass your screen reader's cursor, so that it
> doesn't move all over the place on the YouTube site.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On May 7, 2018, at 8:09 PM, Amy Sabo <amieelsabo at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> okay, um... if you are using nvda which I have never used but, imo I
>> don't plan to ever use at all!  this sounds kinda of fishy... so, is
>> these strokes correct or not? if so then i will try them!
>>

>> thanks,
>> amye they
>>
>>> On 5/7/18, Santiago H <santiago.blue.hernandez at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> My primary screen reader on Windows is NVDA, but I think the command to
>>> bypass the JAWS cursor on JAWS is insert and Z. I'm most likely not
>>> getting
>>> the name of the command right, but I do remember it from when I used to
>>> use
>>> JAWS. From there, you can press the letter J to rewind the video, K to

--
Sandra Gayer DipABRSM.

Soprano Singer
www.sandragayer.com