[Perform-Talk] Question about musical theater and performing arts college

Cierra Theriot cierratheriot at icloud.com
Sun Dec 29 02:50:10 UTC 2019

Hello all.
as I am currently in training getting my independence trying to decide what I want to do in my life, I am also researching different colleges that have good musical theater programs. there are so many to choose from I’m just having a hard time trying to narrow down the choices and sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming because it’s like I don’t know what to look for. I just love performing and I assume like ini of you I feel like this is my only calling. I just can’t picture myself doing anything else because this is something I’m just so passionate about and I just really want to do it. I love making people happy through the performing arts. I love how getting up on a stage just wipes away my anxieties that may have happened previously the date of the performance. I love how the music just swept me off my toes as I dance. I love how the words just come out so clearly as I sing out with my tiny voice. and all of the hard work that I’ve put into a performance no matter what it is just shines through when the audience cheer at the end of the performance. as I know it is hard to get into this field especially for those of us with disabilities, I would really like it for them to understand that we have a passion just as anyone else. That we may need accommodations with certain things but we can make it work. So my question to you is, what colleges do you recommend? And I was wondering what’s the best state? Where the teachers excepting of you getting in to the college? Did you have to reassure them that you should be treated just like the other kids and if you have any accommodations that you will speak to them about? Thank you all for reading and I hope I made sense to you all.

Cierra Theriot