[Perform-Talk] [NFBMD] Advice on Writer Seeking Assistance

Lewis, Anil ALewis at nfb.org
Wed Jan 2 21:42:54 UTC 2019

How about College students?

Anil

Anil Lewis, M.P.A.
(410) 659-9314 x 2374
National Federation of the Blind

From: NFBMD [mailto:nfbmd-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Michelle Clark via NFBMD
Sent: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 3:04 PM
To: nfbmd at nfbnet.org
Cc: Michelle Clark <mcikeyc at aol.com>; 'Sligo Creek Chapter list, NFB of Maryland' <md-sligo at nfbnet.org>; 'Performing Arts Division list' <perform-talk at nfbnet.org>; 'Michelle Clark' <nhcnfb at gmail.com>; 'NFB Chapter Presidents discussion list' <chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org>
Subject: [NFBMD] Advice on Writer Seeking Assistance

All,

I have a chapter member, who, prior to his vision loss, was involved in acting, directing, and writing drama. He is currently the Director of the Drama Ministry for his church.

As his vision diminishes , he has done little to obtain alternative skills such as learning to type non-visually. In fact, he tells me he did not type well when he could see better. Over the course of time, he hired typist to do his work for him. After a recent brush with what I would say "a bad actor", I am trying to encourage him to  learn some skills but, in the interim, his work in   drama needs to continue.

Within the last few weeks, his church and all involved, agreed to perform a play I have written for Black History Month. I did the typing on that one.  However, I am interested in your thoughts on where he could reach out for typist (he will pay) and other thoughts on how it has worked for you in such a situation. I appreciate your comments.

Thanks,

Michelle

Disclaimer