[Perform-Talk] Audible seeking Blind Actress for Audio Original Presentation

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 01:28:34 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I was contacted from Chelsea Adams from Audible.  She is
looking for a blind actress to act in a role for an Audible original
story they are recording later this summer.  Here is the blerb for
anyone who may be interested.  You may contact her directly to send
your resume and request audition materials.  I told her that a Word
doc would be best, but she was willing to make other accommodations if
necessary.

Here's the info:

PHREAKS is an audio drama series about the 1970s gang of phone hackers
that tricked Bell's system using whistled tones to give them full
access to calls around the world. This fictional story is based on
true events, and focuses on Emma, a blind teen who stumbles into the
Phreak culture, and Detective Connolly, who works for the phone
company and tries to bring down the hackers.

We’re seeking an actress between the age of 18-30 to play a teenage
girl. Emma is a vulnerable and lonely teenager who uses her intuition
and cleverness to push the boundaries of her small New York town.
Recording experience is preferred but not required; actresses with
careers in film/tv/theater or other areas of entertainment will
certainly find those skills transferable. The commitment would be 7
days of recording, to be scheduled some time this summer as cast and
director availability allows, as well as some marketing and
promotional commitments around the launch of the series. This is a SAG
production and the role is paid.

Interested actresses can email me at cheladam at audible.com with their
resume, and I’d be happy to send audition instructions along to them
directly. If there’s any other information I can provide, please don’t
hesitate to let me know!

--
Julie A. McGinnity
MM Vocal Performance, 2015; President, National Federation of the