[Perform-Talk] Fwd: [NFBMI-Talk] Calling All Performers!!

Amy Sabo amieelsabo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 04:32:40 UTC 2019

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert Earl Parsons via NFBMI-Talk <nfbmi-talk at nfbnet.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2019 11:12:47 +0000
Subject: [NFBMI-Talk] Calling All Performers!!
Cc: Robert Earl Parsons <robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu>

Good Morning Federation Family

I hope that all of you are having a great beginning of Fall. With the
first day of National Meet the Blind Month underway, I thought it
would be great to update you all on the student division's progress
for our talent competition at state convention. The event, "Michigan's
Got Talent," will take place on Friday, November 8, 2019 at 9pm at the
Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids. This event, aimed at spotlighting our
affiliate's talented members, is a social phenomenon that you will not
want to miss. We will have great performers, delicious appetizers, and
a cash bar! It is gearing up to be one for the record books.

The Skinny: The talent competition offers prizes for the top three
performers of the night. These prizes include cash and other items of
desire, but to win such prizes you must enter the competition. There
will also be a door prize drawn at the event, so you must be in the
room for the event in order to win this item. In order to register for
the competition, you should select the talent competition as an event
you are attending when you register for convention. This will add the
$5 cover charge to your overall registration invoice. If you do not do
this, no worries, you can still buy a ticket at the door for $7. Take
advantage of the savings and preregister, you will become part of the
VIP club and have an opportunity to walk into the event and skip the
lines.

What's a Talent? A talent is subjective. This is not a singing
competition. Talent shows include performers that can do something
classical like playing a musical instrument or reading a poem to
something unorthodox like belching the alphabet. If it makes you
unique and keeps the judges on their feet, you are talented. Remember,
I promised that if anyone needed a backup dancer, they can contract me
for a $5 box from Taco Bell. I got mad moves, yo. We are here to have
fun and create more camaraderie amongst our affiliate members at our
fiftieth anniversary.

Want to Compete? No problem, our competitor registration link is live
on our affiliate's convention page. Simply go to
www.nfbmi.org/convention<http://www.nfbmi.org/convention> and click
the link that takes you to the form. Remember to read the directions
carefully. There will be a conference call for competitors in the next
two weeks so that you will know what the expectations are.

If you have any questions about the event or the process to register
to compete, please feel free to contact me via e-mail at
Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu<mailto:Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu>. I am
always happy to help. Remember, scared money doesn't make any money,
so if you think you are talented try to show us and be rewarded with
love, hope, and determination... and maybe some cash.

Blessings

Robert E. Parsons Jr.
President, Kalamazoo Chapter
Vice President, Michigan Association of Blind Students
Phone: 804 801 7674
"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglas