[Perform-Talk] Call for Performing Resources

Katelyn MacIntyre katelynmacmusic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 12:55:22 UTC 2020

Hi Friends,
We are working on building up our website, to make it a place where blind performers can find resources to help them on their journey.
That’s where you come in.
We are asking you to please send us any and all resources that would help blind performers, from musicians to actors, dancers to audio engineers, and everything in between. These could be links to helpful websites, documents or videos containing instructive information to get someone started on a particular performing art, or whatever you think might be useful. Some examples could be a summer music camp for blind musicians like Braille Beats, a competition for young disabled musicians like the VSA International Young Soloists Award, Marilee Talkington’s Actors Access Academy, an article describing someone’s experience as a blind DJ, etc. We are open to any ideas you may share, as we want to make our resource page as comprehensive and helpful as possible. Please keep in mind that these are meant to be resources aimed to help blind performers, and that this is not an opportunity to market individual careers.
This will be an ever-growing archive, but we want to get it started now, especially while many of us have extra time on our hands.
So, if you have any ideas to share, please email us links, files, names, etc. to nfbpad at gmail.com by May 20th so we can start work on this exciting project.
Thank you so much for contributing and helping us expand our knowledge base!

~Katelyn MacIntyre, M.M.
www.katelynmac.com
www.facebook.com/KatelynMacMusic
@KatelynMacMusic
Vice President, National Federation of the Blind Performing Arts Division