[Perform-Talk] List Guidelines

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 21:46:48 UTC 2020

Good afternoon fellow performers,

Happy 2020 to everyone!  I am so glad there has been increased
discussion on this list.  Since it's the new year, I thought I would
go over some list guidelines for everyone.  I'm the moderator of the
list, so if anyone ever has any questions or concerns, you may come to
me.

Please remember to keep discussions on the topics of blindness and the
performing arts.  This means that for the most part, all discussions
should touch on both blindness and the performing arts in some way.
We do send performance, job, or other opportunities to this list, and
those can be exceptions.  If you need help with something that is
unrelated to the performing arts, we can certainly direct you to
another list serve.

Please remember that when you post on the list, your writing is
searchable.  If you wouldn't want a future employer to see what you've
written, you probably shouldn't post it on these list serves.

This list is a great source of support, knowledge, and experience for
blind performers of all experience levels and genres.  I appreciate
the input each of you has given here, and I look forward to engaging
in more discussions on the list.

I don't want to write up formal rules for the list or pretend I'm this
super strict moderator figure.  So let's just keep the above in mind,
and we'll be able to make the list into an even better resource.

Happy New Year to all of you, and I hope this year brings you success,
passion, and inspiration!

--
Julie A. McGinnity
MM Vocal Performance, 2015; President, National Federation of the